BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ARCHICAD 21 announced - how do you like the new features?

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Please see the announcement and info about the new features here:

http://www.graphisoft.com/archicad/

Let us use this thread to discuss the new features of the program.

On the above page there is also a link using which you can register to watch the ARCHICAD 21 Event.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
115 REPLIES 115
Belak1
Participant
Nagyon szép, nagyon jó.
Egy kérdés. Mikor építik be a vasalási lehetőséget (mint az éptár) a programba? Mi építőmérnökök nagyon tudnánk méltányolni.
Köszönöm.

Kincses Béla, okl.ép.mérn.
Archicad 6.5-20
i5
BenQ32 (2560x1440)
16GB
Win10 pro
SSD 400GB
HDD 4TB
Raedon RX 470
Eduardo Rolon
Belak1,

Please post in english.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Belak1
Participant
ejrolon wrote:
Belak1,

Please post in english.
Very nice, very good. A question. When incorporated into the AC reinforce facilites (like eptar reinforcement, or revit)? Structurall engineers will appreciate verí much.
Thank you.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Wilfried wrote:
I work in Archicad 19 and in my opinion the point cloud management is really poor and requires a lot of work around.... any improvement about it in Archicad 21?
Wilfried,

You are right, of course ARCHICAD's Point Cloud handling capabilities could be improved and there will be no new features in ARCHICAD 21 related to this area.
What I can recommend is that you take a look at a free Point Cloud processing application called CloudCompare:

http://www.danielgm.net/cc/

I hope it will be able to do some of the things you wish to do and then you will be able to import a much improved Point Cloud into ARCHICAD.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
alemanda wrote:
Regarding the new stair tool ...
I saw that now the stair is considered as "assembly" of parts.
Is it possible to assign these parts to structure, finishing, other category for partial model display?
No, it seems to me that Stairs do not respond to changes in Partial Structure Display settings. I hope this is something that will be developed in future versions though.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Belak1 wrote:
Very nice, very good. A question. When incorporated into the AC reinforce facilities (like eptar reinforcement, or revit)? Structural engineers will appreciate very much.
Thank you.
No structural Add-On for ARCHICAD 21 I am afraid.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Laszlo for your kind reply.
I know the great software "Cloud Compare", and use it every time i have to optimize or reduce the size of data sets.
Hope that Graphisoft will take a look at this kind of workflow, because BIM will be requested in survey data for sure. Reading the forums in the internet, i have the feeling that the future of survey must go to laser scanner and photogrammetry direction, then big data sets must be managed in a fluid workflow.
What am i expecting from Graphisoft: take point cloud data , import the data in Archicad, and start to work.
I wish to suggest the Graphisoft team to give a try, for example, with the plugin for Rhino "Arena 4d". This kind of workflow ins not bad at all.
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
Richard wrote:
The railing tool is still a little mysterious. Is there any way to find out what is possible as far as turned balusters, goosenecks, and newels/volutes? (Basically, classic residential stairs)
The Railing Tool will be incredibly versatile in my opinion. Basically, you will be able to model anything with it that has a pattern of post-like elements with panel-like areas between then, along with Rails on top, Rails between these post-like elements, or only 1 or 2 of the above components, etc.
So here are a few cases where you will be able to use Railings:
  • - A series of trees along a terrain. Save a Tree as a custom Railing Post and use it in the Railing as Post.
    - Similarly, a series of lamps or lamppost along a road.
    - Road. You can save the Profile of the Road as custom Rail; the Railing would consist of a Top Rail and the Rail's Profile will be the saved Road profile
    - Fences
    - Horizontal Gutters along Roof edges
    - Roof edge profiles
    - Wall paneling
    - And so on
I love the open minded approach!!! Great ideas
laszlonagy wrote:
laszlonagy wrote:
Bricklyne wrote:
No, I meant doing custom railing/panels of this nature...
Good question, but I cannot give a definitive answer since I have not tried saving custom panels. Stair Boundaries and Railing Reference Lines can have curved Segments, but I cannot say for certain if it also automatically bends those patterns or not...
I got an answer from GRAPHISOFT and they said that a planar custom Railing panel will not be curved by ARCHICAD to automatically match the curve of the Stair Boundary. You would have to model the panel curved like you would want to see it in the placed Railing.

That's disappointing to hear.

That takes us back the the stone ages in terms of having to model individual elements as dumb objects, which then end up being a pain in the rearside when it comes to updating or changing things (and then kind of defeats the whole point of parametric and "intelligent" associative element modelling).

I would hope it's something they'll consider working on in future versions of the stair tool (if they'll keep working on it and improving it), but as always we can never be sure what will be improved and what won't be.
Anonymous
Not applicable
ispyridis wrote:
laszlonagy wrote:
Richard wrote:
The railing tool is still a little mysterious. Is there any way to find out what is possible as far as turned balusters, goosenecks, and newels/volutes? (Basically, classic residential stairs)
The Railing Tool will be incredibly versatile in my opinion. Basically, you will be able to model anything with it that has a pattern of post-like elements with panel-like areas between then, along with Rails on top, Rails between these post-like elements, or only 1 or 2 of the above components, etc.
So here are a few cases where you will be able to use Railings:
  • - A series of trees along a terrain. Save a Tree as a custom Railing Post and use it in the Railing as Post.
    - Similarly, a series of lamps or lamppost along a road.
    - Road. You can save the Profile of the Road as custom Rail; the Railing would consist of a Top Rail and the Rail's Profile will be the saved Road profile
    - Fences
    - Horizontal Gutters along Roof edges
    - Roof edge profiles
    - Wall paneling
    - And so on
I love the open minded approach!!! Great ideas
That will be as a result of idea of "cloning", for example 10 trees, - separate 10 objects (trees) or 1 part of Railings . I understand so, that will be second . It is farther needed as that to break up on 10 objects. Without comments.
Learn and get certified!