Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ARCHICAD 21 announced - how do you like the new features?

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Please see the announcement and info about the new features here:

http://www.graphisoft.com/archicad/

Let us use this thread to discuss the new features of the program.

On the above page there is also a link using which you can register to watch the ARCHICAD 21 Event.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
115 REPLIES 115
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thumbs up for me. Can I do custom ramps with new stair tool? And than place railing on it.? Sorry for my English.

Bimsoft send me a service agreement for upgrade. Can I try before upgrade?
Barry Kelly
cagri wrote:
Can I do custom ramps with new stair tool? And than place railing on it.?
No ramps sorry but the railing can be associated to slabs, walls, roofs and meshes (as well as stairs of course) so as you adjust the base element the railing will adjust automatically.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Neat how the magic wand setting parameters can now be varied and expanded. I like the stair control options for input. I like the extra Dimension skin display options. Lots of little goodies to help the design process included in AC 21. Thumbs up from me.
B_E_A_T_
Advocate
Really enthusiastic about stairs & railings. Productivity features look promising.
(òÓ,)_\,,/

www.studiov2.be

Archicad 24/25/26
Rhino/Grasshopper
BIMcollab ZOOM

>>> Read my book!<<<
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
cagri wrote:
No ramps sorry[...]
That is a bit of a let down. Having already all the brains used in the stair tool it would have been neat to have those for ramps too.

Guess they will have to sell A22 too.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Francesco wrote:
Barry wrote:
cagri wrote:
No ramps sorry[...]
That is a bit of a let down. Having already all the brains used in the stair tool it would have been neat to have those for ramps too.

Guess they will have to sell A22 too.
Just to let you know: the development of the Stair and Railing Tools has been a multi-year development, so I think it is a big achievement that they are finally done. Hopefully the guys at GS will add these features as well.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
arqrivas wrote:
Maybe is too soon to say, because there is not enough information today, but in my practice with a lot of interior details, I see myself using the railing tool to do, interior (and exterior) dent crowns, wainscoting, etc.
Yes, I think you are right. Just like the Curtain Wall Tool could be used for a lot more than Curtain Walls, I think the Railing Tool will be used for a lot wider array of cases than just Railings. Any repeating pattern structure may qualify to be modeled by it.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Bricklyne wrote:
laszlonagy wrote:
It will be possible to model something and save it as Stair Tread, Stair Riser, Railing Post or Railing Panel, then use them in the Stair/Railing. Is this what you are referring to?
No, I meant doing custom railing/panels of this nature...
Good question, but I cannot give a definitive answer since I have not tried saving custom panels. Stair Boundaries and Railing Reference Lines can have curved Segments, but I cannot say for certain if it also automatically bends those patterns or not...
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
cagri wrote:
Thumbs up for me. Can I do custom ramps with new stair tool? And than place railing on it.? Sorry for my English.

I think when the new version is released you can download it and install it. And if you don't have an AC21 licence it will run in Trial mode for 30-days, then in Demo mode (no Saving, PRint, Export, etc.) So you will be able to try it when it is released.
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
cagri wrote:

I think when the new version is release you can download it and install it. And if you don't have an AC21 licence it will run in Trial mode for 30-days, then in Demo mode (no Saving, PRint, Export, etc.) So you will be able to try it when it is released.
I have only one month for service agreement I will pay 500 Euro. One month later I will pay 1099 for upgrade.