Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ARCHICAD 22 Update 6000 Preview Released

Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear All,

Today we have made the preview version of our third ARCHICAD 22 Update available. We have created and tested packages for the INT, AUS, NZE, UKI and USA language versions.

The Preview Update is only available for the above language versions. If you attempt to install it on a different language version, you will get an error message about this.

We will create Public Update packages for all language versions in the upcoming weeks. It will be possible to update from the Preview package to the Public one without a problem.

You can read the Release Notes and download the packages from here.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
19 REPLIES 19
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Lasse wrote:
Were experiencing lots of unexpected crashing with 22:5009 SWE. Any date for 6000 SWE release?
It's getting a bit nervous here among our users.
Hi,

I have just seen this post. Could you send me a few of the Bug IDs of the crashes you mentioned? I would like to check them in our system, to see if they are solved in this update.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

GRAPHISOFT

Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
DGSketcher wrote:
This doesn't work in AC22 6000 using profiled butt glazed frames. Gaps appear between the panels which can't be adjusted....
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/84673/
Hi,

If you mean that the composite panels will not respect the panel inset settings (in the frame settings), that is not an issue with the update, that has been like that since day one. It was originally designed to fill the space between the edges of the frame, and not follow the inset from the frame axis, since these composites can get very thick.

Regardless, it is indeed an issue for a lot of people, so we have issued a fix for it in ARCHICAD 23 (fix #245871). We added a button to the settings dialog of the panel, that lets you choose whether it should fit between the outside of the frames, or the axis of the frames (with the inset value). If you are in the Beta Program, you might already have access to it!

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

GRAPHISOFT

Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
DGSketcher wrote:
Rectangular Window Opening 22 shows a tapered head lining when using the variable closure. This may apply to all windows using this option. The result is also present in 3D and was also flagged up in an IFC export by the recipient.
Hi,

I tried to reach the same state by copying your settings, but I couldn't. Could you send me a pla with this wall and opening in it (and nothing else) so that I can check it out?

Thanks,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

GRAPHISOFT

Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
APA wrote:
Hi,

I've you got an idea of the date of release ?
The beta is not available in French, and the 5000 version is the very very buggy
The search and find function alone makes at least 3 crash a day for Avery architects of our company !

Honestly, working 4 months with the 5000 version is the worst archicad experience I never had in a decade.

FYI : we work on mac.
Hi,

Could you send me the bug IDs of some of those find and select crashes, so that I can take a look? I want to see if it is a known issue, and if it is going to be fixed in the 6000 update. Also, did you experience the same in build 40xx, or it started 50xx?

Thanks,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
dkovacs wrote:

Could you send me the bug IDs of some of those find and select crashes, so that I can take a look?
I want to see if it is a known issue, and if it is going to be fixed in the 6000 update.
Also, did you experience the same in build 40xx, or it started 50xx?

Thanks,
Hi, thx for your concerns !
It's the most annoying bug I ever had, and it does happen like 5 times a day for me, so it's very very easy to reproduce

AC22-2019-06-12-09-59-44-8463

Just play with the find and select tool (at least on a Mac) it'll crash within seconds.

I think it was already here in 4000 but not in 3000 (not sure sure)
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello APA,

Thanks for the Bug ID, that helped a lot!

I found the error in our system, and it seems like it is indeed fixed in build 60xx! You can find it in the release note as fix #254073.

It happens mostly when editing criteria in Find and Select, and it happens only on macOS Mojave (at least based on the reports so far). The final update should be released in a few weeks now (we are still testing some of the new fixes we added since the preview), and that should solve this crash.

But in the meantime maybe you could install the INT version (with build 6000) as a workaround? You can still use it with all your native settings and libraries). Not a complete solution, but maybe you could bridge the gap until the fix is out.

Regards,

PS. Lasse Borg, maybe you are experiencing the same crash?
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is the INT version including the full French language ?
Nope, full English, and not the same keyboard shortcuts ... Useless for me
Any update on the release of this Hotfix? We're well past 60 days since the release of the beta version - aka Preview.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Five months with the buggiest build ever ... I'm loosing patience.
Do you realize we pay yearly to work with bugged versions ?

I always buy CSE versions for my company to invest in archicad, try to evolve with the software improve ourselves to use the best of this software. Most of my friends don't. Some of them are still on 17 or 18 and sometimes I think they're right.

I'd prefer 10X times have major updates every 18 months and have a monthly security/bugfix update.
Csaba Kezer
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Dear All,

The update is now publicly released, see in this new thread: https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=67166

Csaba
Csaba Kézér
Director, Global Customer Support
Graphisoft