Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ARCHICAD 22 Update Preview 5003 Released

Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello Everyone,

Today we have made the preview version of our second ARCHICAD 22 Update available. We have created and tested packages for the INT, AUS, NZE, UKI and USA language versions and they all passed our Quality Control.

The Preview Update is only available for the above language versions. If you attempt to install it on a different language version, you will get an error message about this.

We will create Public Update packages for all language versions in a few weeks time. It will be possible to update from the Preview package to the Public one without a problem.

You can read the Release Notes and download the packages from here.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
22 REPLIES 22
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Karl wrote:
dkovacs wrote:
You can read the Release Notes and download the packages from here.

I don't see anything (but I could have missed it) about MacOS Mojave compatibility issue resolutions - particularly the reported problem of all File related dialogs experiences multi-second delays reported in other threads. Is this resolved, and does Graphisoft now feel that AC 22 Build 5003 is fully Mojave-ready?
https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=63149

Thanks,
Karl
Dear Karl and rikhav,

Actually, most of the compatibility issues were fixed with update 4023. I am saying "most" because until the report about the file dialog slowness that you linked (which came a few weeks ago), we were not aware of any more compatibility issues. That issue is not fixed in this update yet, because it is still under investigation (as I have mentioned there, I can not reproduce that anymore, so I have contacted the reporters to help me).

As you know, we keep posting errors and macOS specific behaviours in this Help Center article whenever we find a new one. Here we mentioned that in the 40xx update (the one coming right after the release of the new macOS) we fixed everything we were aware of, and we were waiting until 50xx to be able to safely say that we haven't received any new reports, (or if we were to receive any, we could have fixed them in 50xx,) so we are compatible.

I have been using macOS 10.14 since the Beta came out, and I personally think it works great with the 40xx update (or above). I will pursue the issue about the file dialogs, and post whatever I find in the aforementioned article (and once that is sorted out, we could even officially state that it is compatible), but other than that, I think you are good to go.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

GRAPHISOFT

Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
jonofernandes wrote:
Daniel and Graphisoft team - great work on the update!

I wanted to know if this update has fixed the PDF / Bluebeam bug where entire pages would become hyperlinks to other incorrectly linked pages?
Hello,

We have included a fix in this update that addresses this issue specifically. You can find it in the list of improvements as:
"252178 FILE/PDF/EXPORT/DOCUMENT: PDFs published from ARCHICAD sometimes had hyperlinks that covered the whole page."

Please give it a try, and let us know if it helped!

Thanks,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

GRAPHISOFT

Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Aaron wrote:
With the greatest of respect for all the work you do and your great attitude for following up on so many threads in this forum, PREVIEW versions do not solve the problem. With 42 seats to update, we are not going down the "Install the Preview Version" rabbit hole to solve the rogue hyperlinks in PDFs issue.

5003 needs to be released as an official version as soon as humanly possible.

Please!
Hello Aaron,

I can understand your frustration about the issue, and that you don't want to install an "experimental" version on your work computers as managing/installing updates can be problematic at big offices. Amongst others, we released this preview to help those who suffer from this specific issue as soon as possible.

But actually, the way these preview updates work is that we release the update after we have tested it, and we are ready to call it final, but as a last line of defence, we let the community use it and let us know if there are any problems with the update that needs fixing, and we leave ourselves enough time to fix those, and re-release a final version.

So, this means 2 things: If we receive no reports of big issues in this preview phase, then this will actually be the final package (you don't even need to install another update), and if there would be a serious issue in the update, we can still fix it for the final version.

I think it might be worth it for you to install this update. Hopefully it will solve the PDF issue, and even if the final update will have a different build number, if the changes between the 2 are not as relevant for you, you can leave the preview build installed, it should work with the corresponding add-ons.

I hope this helped. We will try to release the final version as soon as possible though (based on the feedback, hopefully in January).

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

GRAPHISOFT

So far this update is very satisfactory for me.
Will we get dark mode soon for mojave? my eyes would love you guys so much

I am experiencing a bug that was present in the last release as well.
Occasionally i get a crash when i open node setting in edit mode for the railing. mainly on end nodes but sometimes on connections. once the drawing is back open i have no issues with the nodes being edited. at least until it randomly happens again.

I have sent the crash info with the bug reporter and have saved screenshots of the bug id if it can help narrow down the problem.

Great job guys!! my work flow is almost perfect!
furtonb
Advisor
SenecaDesignLLC wrote:
Will we get dark mode soon for mojave? my eyes would love you guys so much
Any updates on this @dkovacs? Is there an "official" thread for dark mode support?
odv.hu | actively using: AC25-27 INT | Rhino6-8 | macOS @ apple silicon / win10 x64
it's that old elephant in the room . . . . Wasn't Dark Mode the only reason anyone had for updating to Mojave?

Still waiting.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
DGSketcher
Legend
I just went to open a current project via the AC browse option and the file browser window is really slow complete with beach ball. I don't recall this being a problem in the past. The delay seems to be focused on displaying an appropriate preview or file reference image / icon.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
DGSketcher wrote:
I just went to open a current project via the AC browse option and the file browser window is really slow complete with beach ball. I don't recall this being a problem in the past. The delay seems to be focused on displaying an appropriate preview or file reference image / icon.
Hi,

This is not because of the update, but because of macOS 10.14. It was reported in this Topic. We are still investigating what causes it, so if you find something that you think would help, don't hesitate to post it there, it can help a lot.

Thanks,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

GRAPHISOFT

Eduardo Rolon
Looks like a found a bug.
For Grid objects the information is missing from the Info Box. New and Reset does not bring it back.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello Eduardo,

Thanks for pointing this out! That seems like an error in the default Work Environments and only on macOS. As such this shouldn't affect offices with their custom Work Environment profiles (or anyone working on Windows). I added this to our list of errors to fix (#257685).

But luckily it is easy to fix for yourself in the Work Environment Settings - just select all items in the Info Box settings of the grid tool, and turn their visibility on.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

GRAPHISOFT