Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ARCHICAD 24 Update 6001 Preview Released

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear All,

We have made available the latest Preview version of Archicad 24 Update 6001. We have created and tested packages for the INT, AUS, NZE, UKI, USA, GER & AUT language versions.

The Preview Update is only available for the above language versions. If you attempt to install it on a different language version, you will get an error message about this.
We will create Public Update packages for all languages in the upcoming weeks. It will be possible to update from the Preview package to the Public one without a problem.

You can read the Release Notes, List of Improvements and download the packages from here.

Should you have any questions or feedback, please let us know!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep. Looks like a legacy thing.
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Trevor,

Thank you very much for the new report!

May I ask whether this issue can be reproduced on every file created with previous builds, or with this specific file only?

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

DGSketcher
Legend
Hi Minh, I have done a little more digging. I thought it was file specific, BUT it seems to be a combination of the perspective view angle, direction of stretch and ELEMENT orientation. I have achieved the same problem in a new file where the "extend" option goes through various degrees of uncontrolled stretching.

To test this draw a beams or wall at zero elevation and use either exact X or Y orientation. The problem appears where the eye is at a low elevation relative to the beam similar to the attached image. Both elements were drawn with the origin nearest the camera.

I did see similar behaviour in earlier releases but provided there was a reference point to stretch to the edit worked.

Trevor
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Trevor,

I just tried it on Windows but unfortunately failed to replicate it. I made a quick GIF here to show the process. Wondering if there is anything wrong with my reproduction?

Thank you very much!
Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

DGSketcher
Legend
Hi Minh,
Beginning to wonder if this is a system issue. I just updated to MacOS Big Sur 11.4.

The other thing that I don't see is my editing plane display jumping around to suit the element like your video. I have never really been a fan of this tool so it is usually switched off. Could the lack of the plane have an impact?

I can send you a PLN with a 3D view with three elements that can't be freely extended, they will snap to other element points though.

Trevor
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Trevor,

It would be great to have your file already set up for reproduction. Could you send it to me here or through Private Message?

Thank you very much for your help!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Barry Kelly
Trevor,
I am not sure if this is the issue, but I have had trouble stretching (more in 24 than in other versions).
But it stems from the coordinate 'deltas' being turned off.
I am not sure why I am noticing this more in 24 than in previous versions.

Make sure the deltas are on (relative).
Otherwise all stretching occurs from the project/user origin.

The other thing to watch when working in 3D is if you have the 'surface snap' on or off.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Trevor,

Thank you very much for the file! I was able to reproduce the issue, the same as you mentioned. What I found is that the same file demonstrates this problem even in AC23 and 22, so this is not AC24 6001 specific.

A big thanks to Barry to find out what went wrong: it's the display of coordinates that causes this issue! I thought that this is for displaying the number only, it should not cause any modeling issue. Interestingly, I always use absolute coordinates (so delta turned off), but never had a problem with modeling. Let me open a case with the developers for further investigation!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

DGSketcher
Legend
I just tested it with the coordinate switch and found the fix works here as well. Thank you Barry!

I always have the XY set to absolute as it gives a quick visual check on some of the more precise work I do, displaying anything other than 0.0 or 0.5 is an error!

Thanks for following this up Minh, It would be good to see it fixed. Incidentally I also note it affects the appearance of the editing plane, if it is set to appear only when editing, although this may just be a consequence of not being able to extend the element.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey guys! Is this new build worth for updating? I'm waiting for admins answer