Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ARCHICAD 24 and Covid

Jp1138
Expert
Usually during this month ARCHICAD 24 should be announced. May the Covid situation affect the announcement somehow or is all going along normally? Just out of curiosity, not that this is some kind of emergency. It would be completely understandable if it had to be delayed.

I hope everyone in Graphisoft is ok in this strange times.
ARCHICAD 27 SPA
Windows 10
8 REPLIES 8
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I am not sure anyone from GRAPHISOFT will answer this. They usually keep such info under wraps and then it is suddenly announced. True, in previous years, this usually happened in May, although last year they announced in May that AC23 would be released later than usual. So we will see...

By the way, all GRAPHISOFT offices are closed physically, and all employees (as well as Contractors like myself) are working from home. Besides that, it is business as usual.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Jp1138
Expert
Ok, thanks Laszlo.
ARCHICAD 27 SPA
Windows 10
bouhmidage
Advisor
If the announcement and release dates will be delayed, that will affect the migration process of the offices a d template migrations etc, so it would be good to inform users about an approximate date, so they take that in considerations
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 10 GB
Archicad 25
Windows 10 professional
https://www.behance.net/Nuance-Architects
It bothers me that im being asked to pay with out knowing the new features. Ill likely upgrade either way, but its a poor show given how last year went. At least announce thats its going to be delayed if you are asking for my money. So that like what was said, i can plan my update process.
Jim Allen
Expert
Normally the software is announced in June, but only made available for download 2 months or so later.

A couple of weeks ago I spoke to a guy from Graphisoft who told me that the release announcement would be in July 2020, later than usual, but with the download being much earlier (2 weeks if I recall correctly) this time.

I wasn't told about features (obviously) but there are new ones and bug fixes.

I was told the release date, but I can't remember what exactly it was, and don't want to create confusion by quoting a date which may not be correct.
Archicad 27 UKI | OS X 12.7.1 Monterey
Stress Co_
Advisor
Jim wrote:
A couple of weeks ago I spoke to a guy from Graphisoft who told me that the release announcement would be in July 2020, later than usual, but with the download being much earlier (2 weeks if I recall correctly) this time.

See https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=69922
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Miha_M
Advisor
My dongle just got updated to Archicad 24?! Is it out already?

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

Barry Kelly
Miha_M wrote:
My dongle just got updated to Archicad 24?! Is it out already?

No not yet.
The license upgrades always occur a little while before the release.
So it shouldn't be too far off now (hopefully!).
Although the official announcement (or first look) is not until the 8th of July according to the "Building Together" banner at the top of this page.
Maybe they will announce the features sooner - who knows.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11