Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ARCHICAD 24 vs. previous versions.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been around since the very first version of ARCHICAD for Windows (4.16, I think) and went through a few crucial ARCHICAD milestones of my own, with my personal favorites being:

AC21 — IFC improvements culminating in Integrated Collision Detection
AC17 — Building Materials and Priority Based Connections
AC16 — 3D editing, and Energy Evaluation
AC15 — Renovation workflow
AC13 — BIM Delta Server
AC5.1 — First Teamwork

But, AC24 is by far the most comprehensive version upgrade I have witnessed...
It will take me some time to go over all the new features, but PARAM-O, Python API, Revit references and Structural Analytical Models are coming into our practices with a loud "bang!" already...

@Graphisoft — Thank you for making ARCHICAD the application it now is. I wish you all the BIM awards this year! The application is definitely worth it.
11 REPLIES 11
jl_lt
Ace
Wow, you have been there all the way, talk about a journey!

And the paramo modelling environment looks very promising. i dont want to make myself too many expectations, but I can totally see myself working in the conceptual stages using just node based grids and information parameters, and then instead of having parametric objects (mehh) i would rahter work with true parametric buildings (excitementness!)

Lets see what can be done in there
Hello Anton Kazmin,

I agree with Anton, Archicad 24 is by far the most relevant version since Archicad 17 and its materials manager. Nice job Graphisoft.

By cons graphic communication level, I admit that the new logo and heterogeneous illustrations make this new identity questionable.
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Christophe wrote:
By cons graphic communication level, I admit that the new logo and heterogeneous illustrations make this new identity questionable.
I hope the new GS web site will not be considered for BIM award evaluations...
No Mac version of PARAM-O. Oh no! This upgrade seems to benefit the larger firm users who collaborate a lot. But for the solo architect, it seems to be lacking a lot of new bread and butter features as previous versions did.
Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System
Robert Nichols
Advocate
You're kidding? No Mac version??
Mac Studio, 32gb ram, ArchiCAD v26 (Apple Silicon) MacOS 13
runxel
Legend
Yes yes, no Mac version of Param-o as of today. But it was stated today they will deliver it with an update of Archicad 24.

But don't be annoyed! Let the Win user find the bugs and GS will iron them out 😉
Param-O seems to be the result of just someone playing internally, getting leaked here, and suddenly it results in overwhelming positive feeback. You can't actually do that much at the moment with it. It's not like they already have every GDL command in there at the moment. Heck, there aren't even hotspots or 2d stuff right now!
It's promising, tho, but needs a lot of polishing. Hopefully we don't see it being neglected like .... well you know.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Robert Nichols
Advocate
O. Thanks, Runxel. I'm mostly curious. I suspect at the beginning my GDL skills will outrun the new tool, but it will be nice to have another option.

I'm curious - what is Sublime Text plugin?
Mac Studio, 32gb ram, ArchiCAD v26 (Apple Silicon) MacOS 13
Barry Kelly
Robert wrote:
I'm curious - what is Sublime Text plugin?

Going a bit off topic here.
Follow the link in Runxel's signature or search these forums for "sublime" or start a new post in the 'Other Products' section may be best.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Karl Ottenstein
Robert wrote:
You're kidding? No Mac version??
No Mac version of Param-O "yet". Akos Pfemeter (and others) note in the presentations that the Mac version of Param-O will arrive in an update later this year. He called the version included with the Windows release an "Alpha" version of Param-O.

As a Mac user, I find this disappointing as well ... but can imagine that with something involving uniquely new graphically interactive code like Param-O, it is more efficient for the developers to polish one code base to at least beta or release status before fully porting to Mac.

As a glass half full person... at least they released 24 now, rather than waiting 3 months in order to release it with Mac Param-O 🙂
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB