Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ARCHICAD 8.1, why addons need to be updated......

Anonymous
Not applicable
well this is mainly a call out to graphisoft to find a better way to work with addons...well...something i love of archicad are the addons...but its just unfare...that i had to wait for an update of addons...for AC7 to AC8 ia had to wait sometime,still there are some addons of 7 that i had..that i havent updated..., but now i have to wait again for support on AC 8.1....that kinda borring..!!....i see AC8.1 as a mayor update of AC8, i know that lots of things had fixed and apis have to be updated to work the same way......but its not a mayor release..becuase its being like round number archicad 6 AC7 AC8.......for example zoomgdl..has just updated ther addon for 8...and pum 8.1 is relased....im not sure if im maknig my point here......there has to be a better way to please the costumer...i knopw mnany ppl are not happy with this.....in a way....AC gives u lots of advantages..but u have to have all tools working...
6 REPLIES 6
Djordje
Ace
hydroponik wrote:
but its just unfare...that i had to wait for an update of addons
The GDL and the API technology are also updated, that is why the addons have to be updated for the new version(s) too. Technology requirement.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
yes i know that...that the good thing about technology...updated as we think...lol...im really not complaning becuase they make good job, but this is just a personal complain....becuase i just got my AC 8.1 and i got the msg..of many apis u have are no currently updated to this version of archicad....i just got my cugraph addon working for 8...now how much will i have to wait to have them for 8.1?....and when the 8.1 version are released....will graphisoft release AC 8.2...and agian the cycle...
It is my understanding that for developers to update their API's from AC8 to AC81, it is a VERY EASY process. More so than ever before. We should be seeing most of the APIs that were ported to AC8 previously being ported to AC81 shortly.

Keep your fingers crossed and an optimistic outlook on this one. I feel your pain! I'm an API junkie...

: - )=

Rex
Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System
Anonymous
Not applicable
What about the standard add-ons like profiler, roof wizard etc. are they already updated to work with 8.1 or are we going to have to wait for a patch?
Djordje
Ace
Jeffrey wrote:
What about the standard add-ons like profiler, roof wizard etc. are they already updated to work with 8.1 or are we going to have to wait for a patch?
Included in the package as always.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
JCovarrubias
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Djordje wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:
Included in the package as always.

... and Lumber Pack calculation works in 8.1 now as it did in AC 7 (did not work in AC 8).
http://tr.graphisoftus.com/
Jeffry Covarrubias
GS US Technical Support Team Leader
P-C2D 1.86GHz/2GB w/ 256MB GeForce 8600GTS; G4 OS 10.4.10 1GHz/1GB "[that other software] is a fancy set of electronic marker pens"