Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ARCHICAD Crash in Door/Window Tools on Windows 7 due to MS Update

NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi All,

Multiple users on Windows 7 reported that multiple versions of ARCHICAD would crash whenever they opened the Door or Window settings dialogs. It is caused by Security Update for Windows 7 (KB3097877) released this Tuesday, November 10th. If you do a web search you will find that this update is problematic for a number of applications. You may uninstall this single update or perform a System Restore to make ARCHICAD function normally once more. Read more here:
So far it appears ARCHICAD on Windows 10 is not affected and we will conduct tests on ARCHICAD on Windows 8/8.1.

Best regards,
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
I did a system restore that fixed the issue with Archicad & Outlook.
The update is trying to install again, is there a way I can stop it from installing? Or trying to install.
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Rogerdodge,

. We have updated our Help Center article with instructions:

Best regards,
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Barry Kelly
I can confirm that the re-issued update for the broken update (KB3097877) is working fine.
The confusing part is the re-issue has exactly the same number as the broken one.

I manually un-installed the update (re-started) then checked for new updates and re-installed and restarted again.
I assume that given enough time the new update will automatically install if you have the updating set to automatic.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11