BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

ARCHICAD Doors don't Cut a wall hole consistently

I've been having issues placing doors in AC21. The behaviour is inconsistent (AFAIK), but if anyone has a suggestion about the proper imaging of doors, I'd sure appreciate the assistance.

see screenshot attached.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
3 REPLIES 3
DGSketcher
Legend
Could be a number of things but I would first do a marquee cut and check the door position in 3D, check the home story and elevation heights and renovation status.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
This is probably the ugliest thingy... happening due to approved in the releases of AC 21/20 a "holy grail" (case intentional) of the "correct" "new" reno design phase 😜

Explanation:
In some of "out of the box" templates the default the reno phase is "new"...
and it causes a lot of problems when user switches to the view that does not include a "new" phase...in such case the phase automatically switches to "demolish"...and if the door set to "demolish" is placed inside a wall that is "new" - the wall can look like on the screenshot if the "default" reno filter is set.

So If I do not use the renovation in the project it is much safer to switch the default "existing" and if exported to IFC - set up the translator to make the exported elements as "new", than using the default "new".

If by any chance the "new" phase is mandatory - the reno palette is a must in the UI to constantly check if the phase did not accidentally switch...

Best Regards,
Piotr
Piotr!

Renovation status and all that's involved with that appears to be the issue.

GSHQ. This points out the need for consistency in the template files developed for every release. New features are great, too, and nothing short of amazing. But I will keep insisting that the template files be as bulletproof as possible.

Thanks for your help.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Learn and get certified!