Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Accessories not found after installation in AC26

arqperalta
Contributor

I installed AC26, Goodies 26 and the update 3010 USA Full. I see the Accessories Library 26 and the Accessories box checked in the "Available Add-Ons", but I can not find in the Design Extras menu, the Accessories ( Roof Accessories, Slab Accessories, Wall Accessories).  Any comments?

Carlos J. Peralta

a r c h i t e c t

Peru - USA

AC 4.55 - 26

Asus i9, 64Gb Ram, Windows 11, 4Gb graphs
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hi All,

Thank you very much for your reports and I am very sorry for the experience!

This is a known defect, recorded as DEF-9773. What happened here was that: in the past, the Work Environment was prepared with hidden unavailable commands in the Work Environment, so no matter when you install the addon, it will show up once the APX files are available. But this can be an unstable "hack". Our developers created a function, in which Archicad will remove all unavailable commands from the work environment on the first launch. So if you start AC, then install the Goodies, they won't be available from the menus as they were removed when AC first launch. If you install the Goodies before launching Archicad, then it won’t remove those commands.

But we do see that this is a massive set back from usability point of view, so we are working on finding a more stable solution to this problem. Unfortunately, the workaround for now is to manually add the commands back to the menus, or copy a Work Environment profile from another machine.

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience that this is causing. Please let me know if you have any further questions, and thank you very much for your understanding!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

View solution in original post

47 REPLIES 47

It seems to be a bug. Try running the update again and it will hopefully fix it. If not run the goodies installer then the latest update again without opening Archicad. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)
Barry Kelly

A few people seem to be complaining about this.

I had no problems with the Beta versions, but am still waiting for the actual release version here in AUS.

Have you got a custom Work Environment?

If so try switching to a standard one.

Also have a look at your Add-on Manager.

Select the 'Accessories' add-on and it will show the the path of the commands.

BarryKelly_0-1656063148675.png

I am wondering if you have installed the INT (or some other language) version of Archicad and the USA version of the goodies (or perhaps the other way around).

They need to be the same language version.

Please let us know if any of this helps.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Karl Ottenstein

Please try both Barry and Lee's suggestions.  If the Accessories are installed, Barry's will tell you for sure where the commands are in the menu structure.

Maybe I'm just lucky, or maybe it is because I'm on a Mac (vs the OP who is on Windows), but the Accessories that I selected during the installation installed normally and properly appeared in the menus.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Abolins
Contributor

Same. Nothing helps.

AC 26 3010 INT FULL
iMac (27-inch, 2017), macOS Monterey

Can you show an image of your add-on manager?

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Screenshot 2022-08-10 at 12.12.54.png

AC 26 3010 INT FULL

Thanks for that.

Clearly it is installed.

But it seems not to have created the menu structure.

I am not familiar with Macs at all, but I see in mine it is installed as a .APX file.

In yours it is a .BUNDLE.

I have no idea if that is correct or not.

BarryKelly_0-1660123179848.png

Now when you go into your Work Environment > Command Layout Schemes, does it show a named scheme or is it 'Custom'.

If 'Custom' try applying a named scheme - again I have no idea if this is the problem.

BarryKelly_1-1660123465169.png

Hopefully I will get 26 some time next week so I can try it then - but of course Windows not Mac.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

GSUK have released a PDF that explains how to correct the missing menu for the Goodies add-ons which I believe they got from their American counterparts. It would be worth contacting local support to see if they can send it. I will check to see if I am allowed to upload it.

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

Same with standard "Architectural Commands 26".

AC 26 3010 INT FULL