Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Accuracy election slab element in AC16

Anonymous
Not applicable
In some situations while working in AC16 elements such as slab will be hard selected to be enlarged or reduced except clicked shut layer to another element and this element also occur when the slab has been piling up over the roof or beam or slab with another layer. Choosing slab will always hit the beam or other element.
This does not happen with the AC15.
Is any of this forum to see the same thing?
Thank you to everyone in this forum
17 REPLIES 17
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
I've had a similar experience: select the Slab Tool, select a slab that has an edge adjacent to other elements, click on the edge of the slab and the Pet Palette does not appear. Or select the Arrow Tool, select a slab, click on an edge that is adjacent to other elements and a different element becomes selected and the slab cannot be edited. Does not happen in all cases, but necessitates moving the slab or hiding layers of other elements in order to get the Pet Palette to appear to edit the slab. Only occurs in AC 16, did not experience this in earlier versions.

Eddy: does this occur on both platforms (Mac and Windows)? I am only on Mac.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi David, This is also on the Windows platform.
I also use it on Mac experience the same, raises difficult Pet Palette when I click on the corners of the slab element for zooming in or out.
Even if the pet palette appears but is not meant instead of the other elements.
For example when I want to enlarge and click slab slab was apparently directed to a beam or other element adjacent or overlapping with the slab.
which in some cases is very difficult for me to have to get rid of some of the elements that accumulate on or off another layer element.
Usually possible with a single step to achieve this purpose is not the case.
Really what I mentioned is also experiencing the same thing.
It seems like this is a bug that should be fixed in the next hotfix
If this is not just what I had, I think it should be a priority on the improvement in the hotfix.
Thank you David has given the same opinion
Barry Kelly
Now that we are switching to 16 my users are finding that the pet palette for polygon edges does not always appear as well.
It appears to be intermittent so is difficult to duplicate.
But my users are complaining when there are multiple slab edges overlapping.
I have found that clicking on a corner brings up the pet palette with no trouble and then sometimes you cn go back to the edge ant the pet palette will appear - other times it still won't.
As I mentioned it is hard to reproduce.
The plan I have open at the moment is working perfectly (in this respect at least).

Is this a bug that GS is aware of?
If not I can try to report it but I can't always reproduce it.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Stress Co_
Advisor
David wrote:
necessitates moving the slab or hiding layers of other elements in order to get the Pet Palette to appear to edit the slab.
Try bringing it forward in the display order.

I'm having the same problem with some fills.
The fill which is further forward is the one I'm able
to select and get the pet palette to appear.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Stress wrote:
David wrote:
necessitates moving the slab or hiding layers of other elements in order to get the Pet Palette to appear to edit the slab.
Try bringing it forward in the display order.
Thanks Marc, that will work, but then the adjacent slab is uneditable via the Pet Palette unless it is brought forward, so only one of two slabs is editable at any time.

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Same here. Drives me insane, particularly if in a rush! Happens on my mac as well as my work machine (windows). This really needs a fix.
Anonymous
Not applicable
hi all,

From what i gather from Eddy, you are having a hard time editing objects that overlap each other in AC16. I have a little work around for it, at least from our experience.

If we want to edit, say a slab and we click on the edge, then immediately the object that overlaps it gets selected. What i would normally do to work around this is select the slab first, then select the "slab" element from the tool box on the side, and edit it from there. Correct me if i am wrong, but this restricts AC to see the active element only thus allowing you to edit the slab alone.

It is similar by pressing ctrl (command) + A and AC selects all the elements on the model. Than selecting an element from your tool bar then pressing ctrl (command) + A then it will only select all the active chosen element.

I hope this is clear and understandable.
I don't think it's a bug, but it's very annoying.

I think we need a keyboard shortcut to 'lock' the edited object after it was selected with the tab key. Or it should be automatically locked after using the tab key until you tab-select another object or click en empty area or hit 'esc'.
arch. ernest atanasiu
AC 10-26 INT/GER/FR on Win 10/ Win 11
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Da_RoCk wrote:
If we want to edit, say a slab and we click on the edge, then immediately the object that overlaps it gets selected. What i would normally do to work around this is select the slab first, then select the "slab" element from the tool box on the side, and edit it from there. Correct me if i am wrong, but this restricts AC to see the active element only thus allowing you to edit the slab alone.
The problem is not element selection, it is maintaining that selection when using the Pet Palette to edit the element. Also, it is a problem of the same type of adjacent element getting selected when needing to edit the originally selected element.
uisanata wrote:
I think we need a keyboard shortcut to 'lock' the edited object after it was selected with the tab key. Or it should be automatically locked after using the tab key until you tab-select another object or click en empty area or hit 'esc'.
We don't need a new function, we simply need AC 16 to behave like earlier versions.

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture