Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Add gaps to skins in composite walls

Trenneth
Participant

Hi! 

To create a wall that is durable during heavy rain, i wanted to create a system that has weatherboarding on the outside, followed inwards with an empty space and then a windbreaker. In order for this to work I need the two outer skins to be slightly smaller in height than the rest of the wall for proper airing and evaporation. So my question is: How do I change the height of just some of the skins in my composite wall?  

3 REPLIES 3
mark reid rowland
Contributor

it's not possible to trim skins without trimming the wall. Trimming the wall can be done with SEOs but this would be time consuming and slow down your model if used extensively.

DGSketcher
Legend

@Trenneth You might like to have a read of this help guidance on COMPLEX PROFILES and the section on Offset Modifiers.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
BrunoH
Expert

Hi

Select your wall

You can capture the profil of your wall in "Option / Complex profile / Capture the Selection profile"

The profile will be open in the profile editor. Modify the profile according to your needs, save the profile and clic the applied button to change your selected wall to that profile.

ArchiCad 3.43 to 26
MacOS Monterey