BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Adding Drawing Title Setting as Default

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I have been trying to set up a new drawing title to use as default in my work environment. I've managed to create my new drawing title, but don't understand or have not managed to add it as part of the "Library" so that I can have it as the default setting every time I open a project in Archicad. Please let me know if you have advice, thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
If you mean you have edited the title object GDL script and saved it as a new object then you need to either save it in a library that is already loaded in your project/s (or the embedded library) or you need to load it as an extra library or you can use the 'load other drawing title' option in the drawing tool settings.
To have it appear automatically as a title option you need to have it as part of a loaded library.

If you mean you have just adjusted the settings of the title in the drawing tool settings dialogue then you can save those drawing tool settings as a favourite.
You can then export the favourite and import it into any other job you have.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you, that seems to be what I need to do. I followed some instructions and exported the favourites to a folder. It saves as an XML document. Then I open a new project and attempt to import it - however, I receive an error message that the XML file is being ignored.

My office works on projects in teamwork mode, and have our own office Work Environment Profile. How can you add the drawing title to the profile so that it doesn't have to be manually loaded into each project?
Learn and get certified!