Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Adding percentage to Zone Area schedule

cadsph
Enthusiast

Hi,

How do you add a percentage column to a zone area schedule? Where each zone/area is a percentage of the total site area?

Please see attached. 

percent Area analysis.jpg
42 REPLIES 42

Thanks Barry. I managed to get it. (See attached).

Screenshot 2022-07-04 175143.jpg

It just seems a very convoluted way to determine simple percentages from the model. 

I've been asked to do it this way, where I'm gleaning data direct from the model.

I have not been show this method (before now) by the person who asked me to do it. so I'm assuming it could have been done. 

I know and saw the revit dept here in our office can do computations in schedules vs Archicad well its always an on going debate which is best but trying to make it work is also another story. 😅

Showing the  plot ratio (Proposed GFA / Site Area) is also a simple yet manual task in Archicad, there's no way I can generate it automatically.

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards

I wish everyone has time to fiddle and learn with several on going projects at hand not that easy... 😶

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards

Yes. I'm a Revit User also, and percentages of site areas can be collated easily.

tomyg
Booster

Hi all, i'm wondering if anyone can help. i can't seem to get the property manager zone areas to work as the above. I've setup the zone property as the above posts but it doesn't seem to be picking up the zone areas. I've done a quick example in Archicad 26.

I'm trying to make an automated site coverage note for my site plans. 

zones 01.JPGzones 02.JPG
poco2013
Mentor

Area Analysis using zones and a Python script is a relatively straight forward and easy procedure.  However, it seems that everyone calculates it differently and has their own ideas as how to define it. I doubt if you'll get any definitive suggestions without knowing your specifications, it is just impossible to guess your needs.

Exactly, what do you need to calculate and from what relationships?

Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27

Hey Gerry, 

I've used the base Aus select template in Archicad with no changes for this very reason. It's as basic as it comes out of the box. if you look at the previous solution to this thread, you'll see it seems pretty straight forward but for some reason I can't get it to work in the same manor. 

poco2013
Mentor

I  have no idea what the AUS template is: And the accepted solution uses a manual total area calculation , as I see it. I thought I idea was not to have to be entering a sum manually. But -- Whatever?? That is the essence of the problem - what is going to constitute the  reference areas and how to obtain that? But manual entry works too.

Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27