BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Adding percentage to Zone Area schedule

cadsph
Enthusiast

Hi,

How do you add a percentage column to a zone area schedule? Where each zone/area is a percentage of the total site area?

Please see attached. 

percent Area analysis.jpg
42 REPLIES 42

Thanks for the help Barry. I've checked the Calculation Units in Project Preferences and they are set to 2. And I've removed the rounding and 2 from the equation but I'm still seeing 3 decimal places.... very strange!

Hi Gerry, thanks for your reply and explanation. I'm still trying to get my head around the options and what's going to work best. This is not a "one off" and is something I hope to figure out and have in our Archicad template to use in all future projects.

Ideally what I'm after is a way to create a schedule that will update in real time (ie if I change the size of a zone, all fields associated with that will update automatically. So having said that, it sounds like Python is not the answer for me in this case

To outline what exactly I'm after, I've listed this below:

1) I need to state the m² for any given lot in my project (using a Zone from what you've mentioned above)

2) Within this lot, I need to state the building coverage as a m² figure and as a percentage of the total lot m² (from step 1 above)

3) Within the lot, I also need to state the impervious coverage as a m² and as a percentage of the total lot m² *(from step 1 above)

4) In some cases, I also need to state the landscaping areas (often these are multiple areas so each area needs to be somehow added together into a total sum) and then have the total sum as a percentage of the total lot m² (from step 1 above)

In addition to the above, I'm working on subdivisons, so I have more than 1 lot. In some cases I have 70 individual lots and have to work out steps 1-4 as above for each one individually. If I can somehow use zones to create what's needed and then edit the ID of each zone to correspond with the lot number, this may work, but I can't seem to work out how to capture all of this in ONE schedule (and so it presents nicely for my layout sheet)

I found the solution under Project Preferences > Working Units > Decimals (set it to 2) and this worked!

Learn and get certified!