BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Adjacent Morph elements with same materials display as single object.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

This is my first time so please correct me if I'm not using it correctly?

Context:
I'm trying to do detail carpentry drawings for cupboard manufacturing.

Problem:
I'm using the morph tool and some times just the normal wall and slab tools to build the units, but i noticed that when I have 2 elements next to each other (e.g. cleats and carcass) with the same material setting then it displays as a single element. The material flows all in one and the lines that previously defined the outline of each separate element now only outlines the combined material.

It is best shown when I use wall tool and draw two 16mm wood sheets perpendicular to each other, or even parallel to each other to form a 32mm skin.

Is there a setting i can change to have each element keep its outlines?

Kind regards
Andre
5 REPLIES 5
MrC
Advocate
Hi Aundre. Can you elaborate with some screen shots if possible?
ILIFFE ARCHITECTURAL

BRITISH COLUMBIA

macbook pro 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB

AC 21 USA (latest build)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Elements with the same building materials will merge in section.
What you will need to do is have several duplicate building materials for materials that touch, so you can do things like laminate two sheets of ply together with a common line between. Another way would be to just add a small space (0.1mm) between the materials that touch which would be equivalent to the glue thickness in the real world.

Regards
Scott
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
We have duplicate building materials for wood and laminated wood panels for this reason.

Also, sometimes the merge is a blessing (when combining two simple elements to form one complex).
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
DGSketcher
Legend
The merging of materials has as many advantages as disadvantages, you will inevitably arrive at a situation e.g. mocking a routered edge by adding a profiled "wall" to a slab where you will be very grateful that they merge. The work arounds above are your best option if you need the lines to show.

You beet me to it Erwin
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone,

Sorry for the late response, didn't think ill have such quick feedback .

I got the solution on some google search. I need to have the elements on different layers to display separate fills. I don't understand why exactly that is what makes the difference but it work.

Thanks everyone for the help, I appreciate it

Andre
Learn and get certified!