Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Adjust settings of a downloaded door object

Stefan Videnov
Booster

Hi all,

Could you tell me if there's a way to make this door accept the Opening reference distance, rather than being glued to the wall it's put on?

-The manufacturer tells me that they can't make custom changes for me.

-I know I can make a new wall and put the door on it, but I'd like to keep the model flexible.

Thank you and kind regards,
-Stefan

StefanVidenov_1-1678971368825.png

3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein

I didn't download the door you're showing, but the Reveal parameter is only enabled with certain other parameter settings for built-in doors.  This used to be related to the wall type (stud, composite, etc), but at least for one door in the USA library, it is disabled when the default setting of "Frame Surrounds Wall" is checked.  Unchecking it enabled the reveal parameter.  Perhaps something similar might work for the downloaded door?

Screenshot 2023-03-16 at 2.51.53 PM.jpg

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

Hi Karl,

Unfortunately this speciifc door doesn't have an option like this one. I was wondering if I could do something with the object itself (open object).

Stefan:

I don't think there is much you can do with this door. The Reveal parameter is available in the Info Box, but does not change the door.

Overhead Door reveal.png

The object itself is password protected, so cannot be edited.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David

David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14