BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Adjusting Window Sash Issue

reidweber
Enthusiast
Hello,

I'm having trouble adjusting the window wash on a 'H-V Grid Custom' window panel in 3D views. I've tried with a couple different window types and doors but when I try to edit the ends of the sash and select the pink snap points it does not stay where I place it. Instead, it goes back to it's original placement. I found out I can adjust the snap points in 2D elevation views though. Is there some sort of toggle that doesn't allow me to edit something like this in the 3D view?

Thanks
-Reid
ArchiCAD 24, 25 & 26 US
WINDOWS PC, 16GB RAM, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHZ, NVIDIA GEForce GTX 970, ASUS, CM6870, Rev X.0x
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
Stretching hotspots in 3D can be tricky if you have the 'Surface Snap' option turned on, as it will constantly be trying to snap to other surfaces.
Try turning that off.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
reidweber
Enthusiast
Thanks for the reply! Along the lines of the surface snap, I found out while working today that I had hit the "grid snap" option in 3D view which for some reason is on 4' modules so didn't have the specificity to snap within the window height.
ArchiCAD 24, 25 & 26 US
WINDOWS PC, 16GB RAM, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHZ, NVIDIA GEForce GTX 970, ASUS, CM6870, Rev X.0x
Learn and get certified!