BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Align a wall to a slab

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone

Is there a way to align this wall to the edge of the slab. I'd like to do this in the 3D view if possible.

It seem like the align tool is not meant to work with different kind of objects like slabs/walls. I sometimes want to aling a wall to a line that belongs to a dwg and it doesn't work as well.

Thanks a lot
7 REPLIES 7
Barry Kelly
You could use the 'Align Tool' > 'Special Align' option.
But personally I would just drag the wall from the point you want to touch the slab to that slab point.
This can be done in plan or 3D (or elevation) and you can constrain the direction with the shift key and/or guide lines.
Feel free to also turn of layers so other elements do not get in the way.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
But personally I would just drag the wall from the point you want to touch the slab to that slab point.
This can be done in plan or 3D (or elevation) and you can constrain the direction with the shift key and/or guide lines.

Barry.
Thanks Barry

The thing is that when I try to move the walls an they’re all selected, they move all together like if I had used the ctrl + d command. If I only select one wall then I have to trim it which is quite a waste of time.

Thanks a lot
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:

Barry.
What I really want to do is to offset the edge. I can do that in a floor plan by selecting two walls, but I cNt seem to be able to do it in a 3D view
Anonymous
Not applicable
You should be given the option in the pet palette in 3D View by using the Reference Line of the object (blue in the image).
Anonymous
Not applicable
petsagouris wrote:
You should be given the option in the pet palette in 3D View by using the Reference Line of the object (blue in the image).
Thanks, this worked perfectly!!!

Is there a way to offset the edge when groups are not suspended? (It seems like I can only drag the element in that case) So I don’t have to select two walls in order to do it. I’d be like working with a poly line in AutoCAD
Eduardo Rolon
You need to read about "Suspend Groups" with that option you can edit the whole group using "stretch segment/offset edge" and they will all change but if they are grouped without using suspend then you will not get the option.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
ejrolon wrote:
You need to read about "Suspend Groups" with that option you can edit the whole group using "stretch segment/offset edge" and they will all change but if they are grouped without using suspend then you will not get the option.
Thanks a lot that exactly what I wanted. So I select the group I suspend it and then I stretch it
Learn and get certified!