BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Aligning surfaces in elevation

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I'm struggeling a bit with different surfaces not corresponding (see attached screen shot). I've tried both "align texture to wall edges" and "set origin". The strange thing is that on some of the elevations this works, but on others it doesn't.

Also, does anyone know how to get rid of the lines separating the different wall elements? (there are no gaps in any direction).

I hope someone can help me out here.
4 REPLIES 4
Hello,

If there is a line between the 2 walls that means they are not coplanar
Align surfaces after having coplanar walls will be done by itself

If it's not you must check it is the same finishing material
And if it is the same composite wall you can pull it through the 2 levels to be sure to keep the alignement
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, Christophe, and thanks so much for your answer.

I double checked my section and you're right, they were not coplanar. However, the surfaces will still not align. They have the same finishing material.

The reason why I use two walls is because i want the vertical cladding to stretch below the slab without having to change window sill heights.
Eduardo Rolon
There are some options that you can use here.

• To Align the pattern trick it might be easier to create a common alignment point for both (or all) walls like a slab corner.

• Another option is to create a Complex Profile for that particular profile which will let you work with the Slab
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, ejrolon!

I finally figured out what the problem was; the wall elements where not drawn in the same direction.
Learn and get certified!