BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

All relevant stories

KeesW
Advocate
I have never found applying 'all relevant stories' to walls useful. They never seem to show how I want them. For example, a roof plan often needs to show bounding walls, especially if they extend past the roof, to locate gutters and flashings, etc. 'All relevant stories' should do this but it doesn't. The only way I've got walls to show like this is by putting the high level walls on the roof layer. One cannot have a tall wall extending over more than one story and expect it to show on the higher story. So what does 'all relevant stories' actually mean and what is it used for?
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly
It works exactly as you are expecting it to.
But just be aware if you like to use 'Symbolic" floor plan display for your walls (as I do) you will find the wall automatically switches to ' Projected with Overhead'.
This means it will use the Floor Plan Cutting Plane on each storey it passes through for it's display.
If it is not cut by the FPCP on a storey you will not see it as a solid cut wall.

You then have to make sure you have the 'Uncut' and 'Overhead" line types and pen colours set properly for your walls.
Also pay attention to the FPCP height in each of your saved views (in the View Map) as it can be set differently in each view and is independent to just setting the FPCP height in the menu.
Changing the FPCP height may look correct in plan but you need to open the view settings and change it there also otherwise it will just return to the old saved setting next time you open that view (and when it is place in a layout).

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!