Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Annoying Archicad

Anonymous
Not applicable
This thread is for those things Archicad does that during the daily grind makes one clench their teeth.

This is not meant to be a wish list, but a place to tell the devs what where and how Archicad causes frustration while using it (and maybe a place where "bad" behavior can be explained if there is a reason for it).
52 REPLIES 52
And we still can't use the Roof Maker tools in the 3D view !?!

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

the intermittent and unpredictable response/lack of response to keyboard input when selecting objects and invoking keyboard shortcuts to act on them.

The Drag a Copy or failure to Drag a Copy takes a lot of time out of my day and a fair amount of soul sauce.

My keyboard works well enough to type this note. Why does it not respond to my touch in ArchiCAD?
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
1) AC seems to prefer to select invisible elements (i.e.: marker extent line, things that are concealed behind slabs/fills) over things that are immediately visible and directly under the spot that I've clicked. Yes I know I can hit tab to cycle through, but why would I do that if there is only one object (the one I want to select) visible where I'm clicking?

2) Why can't AC figure that if I click near the edge of an object (slab, zone, fill, etc.) to edit it, that I'm more likely to want to edit the edge (i.e.: offset the edge), and not default to move the object. Similarly, if I click near a node, it's obvious that I'd want to edit the node.

3) Why can't zones be visible in section, and above home storeys? That would save a lot of time labelling rooms in sections as well as voids above double height spaces.