BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Annoying new text anchors in AC13

kevin b
Contributor
Anyone know if there is a way to turn of the new "feature" that shows the anchor point of text blocks and leaders as a big bold "+" without turning off the handles? Or a way to change them to be less annoying (ie less bold, diff color) I can't find anything about controling them. I can't even find anything describing them as a new "feature."

Anyone else out there like them? Hate them?
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Intel Core i7 -8700 @ 3.2 GHz~ 16 GB ram
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable
I like the idea of visually marking the anchor point especially for text, but rather than a big fat '+', a better way would have been to just thicken up the chosen corner handle by an extra pixel. In my opinion the + is a bit over the top and quite distracting.

It might even be worth extending the same idea to other tools with anchor points, like Objects, Figures and Drawings. I know you can see a representation of the anchor point in the info box, but it would be useful as an visual reminder before the element is selected.
kevin b
Contributor
I agree I like the idea of it, I just don't like the execution, it should be more user controllable.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Intel Core i7 -8700 @ 3.2 GHz~ 16 GB ram
Anonymous
Not applicable
kevin wrote:
...it should be more user controllable.
I'd rather GS got it right in the first place, then you wouldn't need to fiddle with it!
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
And not always consistent, see example image below.

A better approach might have been a user controlled color (like other selection options in the Work Environment) to highlight the anchor point.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I checked this and I don't think there is any such setting.
Personally I think if there was, then there would come some other request to be able to set the size, shape and color of the corner markings then something else then something else, so it may lead to a never ending story. Personal opinion of mine.

But as I looked into the Text Settings Dialog, I found something interesting.
Did you guys notice the new "Always Readable" checkbox?
It will always rotate the Textblock so it is never upside down.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a setting somewhere to get rid of the + you are seeing at the corner of the text box in AC13? I know there is a setting in "View" "On screen view options" and "text handles" but I don't mind those, i just don't like the darn plus sign...
annoying.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ahhh! Me no like these!
Eduardo Rolon
At least they don't print
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Keep up Steven! We've had a good moan about this already!

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=154747
Learn and get certified!