BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Another basic yet equally important question

Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
As the image shows there are unwanted wall lines occurring (red arrows) when I put two modules side by side. Why? (The two houses to the left are objects)

module_lines.jpg
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
6 REPLIES 6
Djordje
Ace
Mats_Knutsson wrote:
As the image shows there are unwanted wall lines occurring (red arrows) when I put two modules side by side. Why? (The two houses to the left are objects)
Joining line of the modules?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Djordje wrote:
Mats_Knutsson wrote:
Joining line of the modules?
Exactly! Unwanted lines show up on the sides of the module that is side by side with another module. I added two modules to the right with a little gap in between showing the modules one by one and they look good. Also the side of the module which is not side by side with another module looks fine. I'm not a module expert but either I missed something or it doesn't work the way I would like it to work!?
AC 25 SWE Full

TomWaltz
Participant
The first thing I would check is whether those walls clean up in plan or not. That's the first sign something will not clean up in elevation either.

My bet would be a layer intersection problem, but it may not be.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Definitely looks like the walls in adjacent modules are trying to intersect or clean up with each other. Would changing the reference line of the walls have any effect?
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
May be worth considering hiding all interior walls in your elevations views too. Good rule of thumb to eliminate those pesky lines.

Cheers,
Link.
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Link wrote:
May be worth considering hiding all interior walls in your elevations views too. Good rule of thumb to eliminate those pesky lines.

Cheers,
Link.
Hi Link!
Hiding the inner walls works for the sections!

Hi Stuart!
Yes having the wall reference line somewhere inside the wall instead of along the wall does the trick.

Thank you both for excellent advice!

Mats
AC 25 SWE Full

Learn and get certified!