BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

Archcad Training For Residential

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone out there know of any Training cds that are Residential specific. Having come from a Chief Architect user backround and now wanting to use the Archicad to create more sophisticated designs. In Chief we have a very professional set of training cd 30hours plus. For the price we pay for Archicad the training materials seem quite limited.
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
MAN wrote:
Does anyone out there know of any Training cds that are Residential specific. Having come from a Chief Architect user backround and now wanting to use the Archicad to create more sophisticated designs. In Chief we have a very professional set of training cd 30hours plus. For the price we pay for Archicad the training materials seem quite limited.
I do not believe there is currently a residential specific training solution. I agree, however, that one should be developed. How does "Chief" handle the content of this training? While residential work is not rocket science, it is slightly different than traditonal "architectural" work...different enough to require unique or specialized information.

I'm thinking a training solution like this would probably need to be regionally localized as well. Residential standards are also quite different for European, US, etc.. markets. Also, residential work can be "Custom" or "Production"...each requiring different processes/procedures...I guess I'm just wondering aloud how a solution like this could be developed without creating a less than useful generic guide???
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Dan,
Please visit the Chief Architect web site to see a comprehensive list of topics covered and samples of videos.

Since my last post In Australia we have virtual tutor 9 with almost 8 hours training cd for $165 dollars AU and from the video samples it looks quite promising but not up to the English lang international standard of Chief yet. But I do like to get up and running with Archicad since it is more advanced in many features than Chief. One thing although residential work is not rocket science the speed and simplicity of Chief for residential work is excellent but falls down when you want to produce custom designs that go beyond traditional design for example complex curved roof etc.

Regards,

Man.
Learn and get certified!