BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ArchiCAD 10 to 11 Migration Issue

A new issue has come to light and has been solved. This comes from a client and was communicated to the resllers in the US this morning. I am posting it here unedited. Hope this helps.

Here is a serious bug you may all want to be aware of as well that was discovered and solved by [we'll call him Joe] over the past few days:
----------------------

I have resolved the bug I was having with a project I migrated from v10 into v11. Apparently it had everything to do with the layouts not being translated properly. The most offensive bug was that a JPG image (client logo) was causing most of the problems. The good news is that once the problem was isolated, and subsequently removed, the inherent problems also went away. Therefore I did not lose any actual work that was done on the file, only the 6 hours of my time that it took to identify and correct the problem. There are other significant bugs also related to the layouts, all having to do with either opening a v10 file in v11, or merging a v10 file into v11. The problem occurs when layout layers or individual objects within the master layouts are locked in the file being merged or migrated. When master layout items are on a locked layer or locked as individual objects, the items get orphaned. The items in question do not show up on the master layout after import, but do however show up on the layouts that reference that particular master. This phenomena occurred both with the offensive JPG file mentioned previously and more importantly when it was not. Once this occurs, the only way to resolve the issue is to delete the master layout entirely. After discovering this issue, it was resolved by unlocking all layers and elements before merging or migrating the layouts. This problem does not occur in the ArchiCAD environment. In ArchiCAD, when layers are off or locked, you are prompted with a dialog box allowing you to chose how to handle the situation (like show and unlock the layers or skip the items on those layers). I would think that this would also be the case within the layout environment, but apparently it is not.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
0 REPLIES 0
Learn and get certified!