Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ArchiCAD 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
GS please give us a list of ac 10 will be able to do

many users are dissapointed by the progress of the last versions and thinking about switching from archicad to another cad software.
104 REPLIES 104
Djordje
Ace
zucoc wrote:
GS please give us a list of ac 10 will be able to do
Just like all the ArchiCADs until now ... whatever you are able to do with it, otherwise nothing on its own.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
It's February already. If 10 is coming out in a month or so, its time to let us know what to expect. Many of us paid for an early subscription to get the 10 upgrade as long as 6 moths ago. (4 months ago for me I think)

It seems only reasonable that some information about 10 and it's release date should be provided to us.

What is the reason we are not allowed to know anything about the product we already paid for 6 months ago?

By now it has already been determined what will be included in version 10. They are not going to change that because the competition finds out something. It is already what it is going to be. Who cares what the competition wants to do about it. This is probably only imaginary anyway. They don't care. They are all doing there own thing.

Can someone give me and example of how it would be bad for Graphisoft to let us to know what is in version 10?

The conclusion that arises is that if we knew what was in 10, we would not buy the subscription. I think that is very unlikely. I bet it has many new things that will be well worth the upgrade. Besides, they know they have us over the barrel, we are being forced to buy the subscription. Either that or pay a lot more for the upgrade latter, or quit ArchiCAD altogether. I would guess that 90% of existing users are going to purchase the subscription. Just like AutoCAD users are now, we could not afford to switch CAD software even if we wanted too.

I am hoping my comments are a waste of time because Graphisoft is launching the "Perfect 10" campaign tomorrow and we will all be satisfied to know we are going to get our moneys worth ( as usual ) from Graphisoft.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Rakela Raul
Participant
if pm is now incorporated into ac ..wouldnt that be enough for you to upgrade??
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
no. I get by pretty well as it is, however, that is going to be nice I think. It could turn out to be a step backward into paperspace.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Rakela Raul
Participant
Informations I'm about to write are not confirmed. I found them on polish archicad forum and they're just some first impresions from beta version of AC 10. Like below:

- Plotmaker will be finally soak into ArchiCAD, you'll be able to use it via project navigator, also you can assign different pen sets to different layouts
- coordinates and control bars will be convert to a kind of pet palette which follow cursor, so you'll have it always at hand
- there will be "mesuring tape" tool for easy mesure of distance between any two points
- menu options were reorganized, for example "display options" has its own preview window so you can see how your configuration will affect the plan
- you can finally do sloped walls and posts without gdl script, also bottom and top thickness of a wall can be different
- fills can use gradients now (linear or radial)
- fills have their own X Y axis and can be resized independently (you can change proportion of a pattern) and what is more - bend them
- "see what you're about to select" function, cursor recognize what is under it in 2D and 3D
- one navigation orbit in 3D!! shift+mouse for navigation instead of previous 3D navigation palette
- Lightworks environment seems not to have any major improvements
The same lousy material preview window, no radiosity.

Looks like they focused on some long-time-needed improvements more than on making revolutionary release.
Anonymous
Not applicable
from a spanish architecture forum:

http://www.arquinauta.com/foros/showthread.php?s=6f5b3ef149af29e349cb3c4f2c649fc6&t=5808

doesnt really show much though.
Rakela Raul
Participant
i hope that 'juan carlitos' and 'mirtha" are not in this forum !!!!

i also hope steve is pleased now
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rakela wrote:
Informations I'm about to write are not confirmed. I found them on polish archicad forum and they're just some first impresions from beta version of AC 10. Like below:

- Plotmaker will be finally soak into ArchiCAD, you'll be able to use it via project navigator, also you can assign different pen sets to different layouts
- coordinates and control bars will be convert to a kind of pet palette which follow cursor, so you'll have it always at hand
- there will be "mesuring tape" tool for easy mesure of distance between any two points
- menu options were reorganized, for example "display options" has its own preview window so you can see how your configuration will affect the plan
- you can finally do sloped walls and posts without gdl script, also bottom and top thickness of a wall can be different
- fills can use gradients now (linear or radial)
- fills have their own X Y axis and can be resized independently (you can change proportion of a pattern) and what is more - bend them
- "see what you're about to select" function, cursor recognize what is under it in 2D and 3D
- one navigation orbit in 3D!! shift+mouse for navigation instead of previous 3D navigation palette
- Lightworks environment seems not to have any major improvements
The same lousy material preview window, no radiosity.

Looks like they focused on some long-time-needed improvements more than on making revolutionary release.
That's what I was thinking too.