Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ArchiCAD 11 Hotfix (build 1114)

AndorSzoke
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear ArchiCAD-Talkers,

We have released Hotfix 1114 for ArchiCAD 11 INT and USA version. It applies to Commercial, Trial and Educational licenses. Before installing the Hotfix, please take a moment to read the Release Notes! To download the Hotfix, please use "Check for updates..." command in Help menu.

Important note for MAC users: We don't recommend upgrading your system to MAC OS 10.5 due to a problem of the WIBU Server Software version 5.20 on MAC OS 10.5. We will make the new WIBU Server Software available as soon as it passes the QC test.

Andor Szőke
Technical Support
Graphisoft R&D
AndorSzőke
Product Management
GRAPHISOFT SE
Follow us on Twitter
GRAPHISOFT HelpCenter - the ArchiCAD knowledge base
25 REPLIES 25
Thomas Holm
Booster
F**k! I should be happy, but 2 days ago I jumped and finally installed the SWE version to access the Lasercad libraries. Now they tell me it'll be 2 weeks before I'll get this update. You might think that's OK but the SWE version isn't translated! It's just the INT version (all menus in English etc) but with Swedish libraries. There must be a better way to handle this situation! I'm grinding my teeth
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Thomas, I always keep the INT version along with the localized one....
anyway I use the INT mostly....due to the faster updates...

Best Regards,
Piotr
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't mind having one or two hotfixes after a new AC release. Important is to have all significant bugs that were not found in earlier testing to be removed in this phase!

Nevertheless hotfixing seems to be hot these days.

I don't like this never ending story... I'm still dealing with files working perfectly in AC10 and crash upon opening in AC11 - latest hotfix.

Thank you GS!
Thomas Holm
Booster
Piotr wrote:
Thomas, I always keep the INT version along with the localized one....
anyway I use the INT mostly....due to the faster updates...
I try too. But there is the problem with changing names of installation folders... it's not straightforward in any case.

I downloaded the INT hotfix. It tells me it can update the SWE version! (Since the SWE version essentialy is the INT with SWE libraries and settings, it should work, but at the moment I have no time for experiments - I don't dare!)
If somebody would tell me I can do this without risk, please...?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just curious.

Does Andor's warning to avoid the Leopard upgrade apply to AC10 users as well?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I understand the caution regarding 10.5 - but I have been using it quite nicely since it came out with very little difficulty and none with the WIBU so guess I'm just lucky. The bugs, however are very important to get fixed. I still wish as others have to get a version with nothing new - just all the old stuff fixed.

Lew Bishop
Jon Worden Architects
MBP 17" OS X 10.5 AC 11 and soon to be 1114
Thomas Holm
Booster
Dale wrote:
Just curious.

Yes. Wibu issues are the same.

In addition to that, you may consider that Graphisoft won't test or certify AC10 anymore on whatever platform. That applies to OSX10.5 as well as Windows Vista. You're on your own. But it may still work
KenMcN
Contributor
AndorSzoke wrote:
Dear ArchiCAD-Talkers,

We have released Hotfix 1114 for ArchiCAD 11 INT and USA
version...
Important note for MAC users: We don't recommend upgrading your system to MAC OS 10.5 due to a problem of the WIBU Server Software version 5.20 on MAC OS 10.5...
Andor
Does this mean don't upgrade the system that's running the Network server software, or the client machines that need to log on to it? (or both)?

I've just tried a Leopard client with a Mac running 10.3 server and it found a licence OK, so a clarification may help others in this situation.

Thanks
Kenny
V25 & 26 (fully patched); Mac Ventura, MacBook Pro M1 Max
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Dale wrote:
I'm using versions from 7 through to 11 and haven't found any problems yet, but I don't use the WIBU server software. It's always advisable to exercise some caution moving to a new OS release, and this is the line that GS is taking, but so far the signs are all good for Leopard. I've already grown into some of the new features and really appreciate them.
Ralph Wessel BArch