Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ArchiCAD 13 Mac interface

Christiaan
Participant
What's the status of the Mac interface in v13? Has it been tidied up to be more Mac-like yet?
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear Rod,

this is my latest Working Environment, and I am very comfortable with it for the moment. When I need the Organizer Palette now I show/hide it with a custom shortcut, and it's perfectly fine.

I didn't understand something about your Work Environment, do you use two screens, or you have shown two desktop spaces? If it is spaces, how can you separate some Palettes on one space and some toolboxs on the other space (always in a Mac) ?

Can this be done?

Blessings!

Screen-shot-2009-09-24-at-11.10.44-PM.jpg
Rod Jurich
Contributor
Drini wrote:
/....... do you use two screens, /....
2 x 24" Dell screens
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Anonymous
Not applicable
Look at RhinoCeros example. On the Windows has its own inferface, but Rhino which is developed on Mac has own beautiful Mac GUI. And it's still in beta phase.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Unfortunately not... It's still ugly as hell.

I guess their problem is the lack of serious competition. They should get some inspiration of the Cinema4D guys.
Sightline
Contributor
Cinema 4D is platform independent. I guess that gives them more freedom when designing their interface for both Mac and PC
Diego Torres
Architect-CG Artist
Architectural Concepts and Visualizations
ArchiCAD 4.55 - 24
http://www.sightline3d.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
zooshej wrote:
They should get some inspiration of the Cinema4D guys.
Well GS is owed by the same people. So maybe they should talk to each other??

Apple does provide a lot of interface development tools, but then i guess the Mac version of AC would move further away from the PC one, which might not be ideal.
Christiaan
Participant
Any hint of ArchiCAD 15 having a revamped Mac interface?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Christiaan wrote:
Any hint of ArchiCAD 15 having a revamped Mac interface?
haven't heard anything, it would be fantastic though!