Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ArchiCAD 14 - Text Bug... cursor jumps!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone out there have this problem? I know my office does! When editing text, the cursor will jump while in mid-type. Any advice or tips on how to correct this problem. I've downloaded the most recent HotFix but no luck.
28 REPLIES 28
Karl Ottenstein
Never heard of this - but to get feedback from the right group of users, you need to state what version of ArchiCAD you are using, and what OS platform / version you have. Ideally, this stuff should be in your Profile (see the text "Profile" link near the top of this page.)

Edit: sorry (duh) - you stated AC 14 in your subject. But, Windows or OS X (and version)? If Windows, what is your graphics card and does this happen on all computers ... and if so, are they all the same specs?

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Eduardo Rolon
I have seen this behavior and it is driving me nuts.

Usually when you the text is moving due to wrap and/or if I select some text to overwrite.

No idea on how to fix it. Though I use some custom fonts and I thought they were the culprits.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
ArchiCAD 14 fails once again!!!

Really is there anyone out there that is happy with AC14, in a way that it is an improvement on 13, or is it just a bunch of bugs and time/money wasting work arounds?

Please I am looking for anyone who is happy with 14.

Mike
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm using the Mac version of ArchiCAD 14. My office has been using ArchiCAD for approximately 13 years now and none of us can find the reason for this "text cursor" thing.

Oh and just for the record... I love ArchiCAD and everything about it. I was initially trained with Autodesk products (AutoCAD, Revit and 3ds Max) and I find ArchiCAD the best software to get the most effective drawings completed in the shortest amount time.
Dennis Lee
Booster
I may be totally off the mark here, but by any chance is this happening on a laptop and the problem coming from inadvertently touching the touchpad with the hands while typing?
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
Eduardo Rolon
Interesting,

Happens on a desktop but I have a Magic Mouse which works like a trackpad.

Anyway AFAIK when I am writing I do not touch the mouse.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
@ Dennis Lee.

No I'm not using a laptop. I am using a "Magic Mouse" but not while typing. Trust me it's a bug. I use ArchiCAD up to 8 hours a day 5 days a week. It happens daily. I guess I need ArchiCAD developers to READ THIS POST AND FIX THIS BUG, please. 🙂
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
It definitely happens...

My question is are you working in TEAMWORK mode? I've only done TW2 projects in AC14...

Between cursor jumping in the text box and the NAVIGATOR needing to display the current selection, I AM NUTS!...

In the Navigator, if you have many Layouts (or defined views or whatever) and you scroll and try to double click to open up another layout, the first click is followed by the Navigator JUMPING back such that it will display the already highlighted item. This jump causes your 2nd click of the double click to be on whatever you happened to be near after the jump (which means your not on the same item as your first click)... Does that make sense?

Anyway, frustrating... very frustrating...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Anonymous
Not applicable
@ vfrontiers

No I am not working on a Teamwork project. Strictly solo projects. But I do understand the "jump" you get in the Navigator window. I try and limit the number of layouts within a single file.

Still nobody has the answer or the fix for these "cursor jumps". I wish someone had the answer. My office would be very grateful!