Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ArchiCAD 15 announced

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
ArchiCAD 15 has been announced today:

http://www.graphisoft.com/community/press_zone/ac15.html

Detail info about ArchiCAD 15:

http://www.graphisoft.com/products/archicad/

Note: Videos are continuously uploaded to the site. All in all there will be 100+ videos about the release.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
28 REPLIES 28
TMA_80
Enthusiast
I do share the same impression(s) "sincev6".
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
Anonymous
Not applicable
It would be great to get some feedback from the betatesters about the new features of Archicad 15.

Are you guys out of your NDA yet?
owen
Newcomer
JaredBanks wrote:
And no-loss autosave? I like that. A lot. No more freakouts from coworkers about losing work. Until they mess up their backup procedures.
HA!

Just wait and see if it actually works in Teamwork

I have never had an autosave recovery successfully maintain its link to the BIM Server in AC14 - they always comes up 'Detached', and often with more out-of-date elements you've been working on than the Reloaded project gives you ....
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
rob2218
Enthusiast
I was wondering about that as well?
How will the new version fare up with the BIM Server, TW issues?
Has this been tested thoroughly?
GS - please advise.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
jatassoc
Participant
Apparently still no import of Sketchup 3D warehouse objects into MAC OSX version. Or their not saying. The lack of up to date real object (such as name brand appliances, etc.) is a real drag.
rob2218
Enthusiast
Man....No 3dwarehouse SKP file import....geez, that's a bummer. We use MAC's in the office. I use a PC (laptop) at home. I have to now use my PC, import the file, convert it to a GSM file in my pc, then save it...then send it to my MAC in the office and open it there....bumski.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you finally allowed the creation of angled curtain walls with Polyline-Chained method in ArchiCAD 15? Because until now, angled curtain walls were allowed only with Polyline-Single method.

If you did not, then this is a huge omission !
Anonymous
Not applicable
Lennox wrote:
It would be great to get some feedback from the betatesters about the new features of Archicad 15.
One small detail that has been underrated, and has a huge impact in the way I model (using SEOs intensively), are the connection grips. These small gizmos appear every time you select an elements that operates or is operated by a SEO (or a roof cut), and lists the element that are related to it.

You can even isolate those elements in the editing window, and manage the relationships directly through the produced list.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
One small addition:
The connection grip lists all associative connections the element is involved in, including Trim to Roof/Shell and Join Wall to Curtain Wall operations. All these can be managed from the connection grip.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Eduardo Rolon
owen wrote:
JaredBanks wrote:
And no-loss autosave? I like that. A lot. No more freakouts from coworkers about losing work. Until they mess up their backup procedures.
HA!

Just wait and see if it actually works in Teamwork

I have never had an autosave recovery successfully maintain its link to the BIM Server in AC14 - they always comes up 'Detached', and often with more out-of-date elements you've been working on than the Reloaded project gives you ....
AFAIK that is fixed in 15. Turning of the TW remotely, turning Off the TW Host, having one TW project connected to one BS and another TW to a different BS on the same computer at the same time and copy/pasting between the projects and no crashes, or becoming detached.

One problem with Autosave in TW during the Beta is that it is instantaneous so if you do something that crashes AC going back to the autosave will probably be no help. In those cases I have just deleted the Autosave and kept working without loss of data.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator