BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ArchiCAD 16 Hotfix-2 (build 3270) released

AndorSzoke
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
We have released Hotfix-2 (build 3270) for ArchiCAD 16. This hotfix contains fixes for several Energy Evaluation problems, IFC bugs and improves display quality on Mac computers with HiDPI display.

The Hotfix is currently available through the automatic update system for INT, USA, AUS, NZE and GER language versions. Other language versions will be enabled as they pass QC. You can find a list of fixed bugs in the release note:
http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/downloads/ReleaseNotes/AC16-3014to3270-ReleaseNotes.html
AndorSzőke
Product Management
GRAPHISOFT SE
Follow us on Twitter
GRAPHISOFT HelpCenter - the ArchiCAD knowledge base
17 REPLIES 17
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
Thank you! I got my dotted lines back!
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
Katalin Takacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
You can read further details about the update of the antialiasing issue here: http://archicadwiki.com/Bugs/AntialiasingNotAvailableWithCertainVideoCards
Katalin Takacs
Anonymous
Not applicable
Any news about spanish version?
Erich
Contributor
Is anyone else experiencing changes to their text formatting with the latest hotfix? All the tab locations in my text blocks have moved!

I'm also experiencing a massive slow down trying to edit text on layouts (I haven't tried elsewhere yet).
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Erich
Contributor
Just so folks can see what I am talking about, I have attached a quick screen shot. The upper portion of the text block has been adjusted back to the original condition. The lower portion, below the word "Keynotes" is what the update did to all my text blocks.

There appears to be a tab added to the text blocks that was not there prior to the update. Smaller instances of text within the drawings does not appear to be affected, however, I really use tabs there.

With respect to the slow down, it used (just before lunch when I updated) to be that I would double click on a block of text and be able to edit almost instantly. Now I have to try to select a block of text multiple times, I get the spinning beach ball, then if I am lucky the text block opens up, then a series of spaces are added to the text block, I can delete the added spaces and can start adding, deleting, or formatting my text.

I may have to uninstall and go back to the prior version.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erich wrote:
Is anyone else experiencing changes to their text formatting with the latest hotfix? All the tab locations in my text blocks have moved!

I'm also experiencing a massive slow down trying to edit text on layouts (I haven't tried elsewhere yet).
No problems here so far...
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm running Windows 7 64 bit, and I've downloaded the Win64 Hotfix. I'm getting an error message when I try to run it.

The error message is:
AC16-3270-HOTFIX2-WIN64.exe is not a valid Win32 application.
Katalin Takacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear dv_chris,

it seems that for some reason the Hotfix installer detects ArchiCAD 16 as a 32-bit application.
Please check your system type and the application preferences again: in Task Manager, 32-bit processes will usually have a suffix of 32 bit, 64-bit processes will not. Is your ArchiCAD installed to folder "Program Files (x86)" by default that is created for 32-bit programs?

Please let me know if you need further help.
Katalin Takacs
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Katalyn,
There's no doubt this is a 64 bit system. I started with Archicad 14, then followed all upgrades through 15 and now 16, and all of them have been 64 bit installations.

The only thing in the Program Files (x86)\Graphisoft folder is a GDLWebControl folder.

The Windows Task Manager lists Graphisoft ArchiCAD-64 16 without any suffix.
Learn and get certified!