BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ArchiCAD 16 Hotfix 4 (build 3827) released

AndorSzoke
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
We have released Hotfix 4 (build 3827) for ArchiCAD 16.This Hotfix fixes a large number of ArchiCAD 16 bugs. It is also needed for making ArchiCAD 16 CodeMeter license borrowing available again after upgrading CodeMeter keys to AchiCAD 17. The Hotfix is currently available through the automatic update system for INT, USA language versions. Other language versions will be enabled as they pass QC. You can find a list of fixed bugs in the release note:

http://www.graphisoft.com/downloads/archicad/hotfixes/AC16/AC16-3487to3827-ReleaseNotes.html
AndorSzőke
Product Management
GRAPHISOFT SE
Follow us on Twitter
GRAPHISOFT HelpCenter - the ArchiCAD knowledge base
12 REPLIES 12
MSotero
Participant
After installing the hot fix, both my "dock" and "force quit" dialog box have the 2 "bin" icons (apps) shown to the right of the "bim" server icon. Perhaps they represent the servers for 16.0 & 15.0.

Force quitting the "bin" shuts off the "bim" server. Can't seem to remove the "bin" from the dock even if I remove the "bim" server icon itself.

This was not the case prior to the upgrade. Should this be happening?

Using Lion 10.7.5 on iMac.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have exactly the same problem. My BIM-server (module 14,15 and 16) automatically starts up when I startup my Mac. But a few days ago 3 'bin-applications' boot too. When I quit the bin's, the BIM-server quits too. But I can't shut down the Mac when the bin's are still running ...

Do you have a solution to solve this annoying issue Andor?
Many thanks in advance!

One more thing. I use the most recent version of a localised ArchiCAD (see attachment)

Kind regards,
Dirk
MSotero
Participant
Not sure if this is related but....
I tried to upgrade my key plug via the graphisoft website but it would not recognize my keyplug. So I upgraded to Java "version 7 update 25" from the Java site.
Got the keyplug upgraded and then after doing a restart, things are back to normal with the bim servers (no more bins).
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well it seems to be related.

Our local AC support team suggested to manually upgrade to Java 7. My problem is that it all happens on a Mac Pro, running OSX 10.6.8 and that versions of the operating system uses Java 6 (and is incompatible with J7). But J6 doesn't exist as a standalone app. It is kept up-to-date automatically during system-updates.

My local distributor send the report to GS Hungary to see what's their solution.

I'll send you the result, just to keep you informed. Many thanks for your reply! And fine to hear that your problem is solved yet!

PS: I hope you understand what I try to explain because you already noticed that I am not a native English speaker ...
AndorSzoke
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Dirk,

We have found a quick solution to this problem. Please visit this page:

http://archicadwiki.com/Teamwork/JavaUpdateSnowLeopard

Please let us know any problem you might encounter.

Thank you,
Andor
AndorSzőke
Product Management
GRAPHISOFT SE
Follow us on Twitter
GRAPHISOFT HelpCenter - the ArchiCAD knowledge base
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I have just got a new laptop and have now installed archicad on it and am trying to install the hot fix but it keeps coming up with a message dialogue box " the following disc images could not be opened" , it then lists the file and states that it is "not recognized" . Its the same file type as the archicad download which went without a hitch and I checked I did download the mac version of the fix. I am at a complete loss. I keep thinking it might be just my mac understanding given this is my first mac.. Any thoughts?
Stress Co_
Advisor
Gauci wrote:
I keep thinking it might be just my mac understanding given this is my first mac.. Any thoughts?
This is a shot in the dark...assuming your running 10.8, but check your "Gatekeeper"?

Archicadwiki-OsX Mountain Lion

EDIT:
Maybe not. I though I had the same error message as you.
Mine actually read:"hotfix is damaged and can't be opened." ...
in which case, changing the Gatekeeper settings was key.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Gauci,

try to re-download the hotfix, maybe using a different browser like Google Chrome. Based on the error message it sounds like that the dmg itself is damaged.

Keep us updated with the results,
Marton
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to install the hot fix and encounter the following error message.

"ArchiCAD 16 Hotfix #4 cannot access one or more files/folders in Macintosh HD:Applications:Graphisoft:ArchiCAD 16."
Learn and get certified!