Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ArchiCAD 17 Hotfix 4 (build 5005) Is Available

Katalin Takacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
We have released the Hotfix 4 (build 5005) for ArchiCAD 17 INT, AUS, USA, GER and SWE language versions. Further language versions will be released continuously.

The hotfix corrects numerous BIMx and Energy Evaluation problems, crashes and many other issues. You can find the detailed list of fixed bugs and the download links in the release notes:

ArchiCAD 17 Hotfix 4 (build 5005) Release Notes
Katalin Takacs
26 REPLIES 26
Rick Thompson
Expert
Well, this is not starting off well. Tried twice and had to restart computer to get out of it. As far as I can tell I am up to date with Maverick and everything else???

I am installing the java now, but never had to before, so maybe everyone on a Mac will need to?

I would go ahead and check so you don't get Finder stuck and have to re-boot. This is a first since 1996 for me.

http://www.graphisoft.com/downloads/java.html
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Karl Ottenstein
Hey Rick,

I'm on Mavericks, too, and the update installed normally.

If you go to your System Preferences > Java and launch the special Java Control Panel... and click on the Update tab, what version of Java does it say you have installed?

Mine is reading Java 7 Update 45 (and 'check for updates automatically' is checked, which is how I ended up at update 45).

The Java page that GS gives in the error message you posted installs Java 7 Update 21, which is apparently what was originally packaged with 17. But, I'd update to the most current version for security reasons, at least since it's working for me. 😉

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Rick Thompson
Expert
Too late as I went straight to the GS Java download and updated, then all was fine. I must have not been up to date, but I typically run those when they pop up. I remember doing it not long ago, but maybe on a different computer:) Must be recent at any rate, so that's why I suggest going ahead and checking before launching the installer. If not, you might need to re-start to get the spinning wheel to quit.

Mine is however set to update auto... so? Maybe I was in a bad mood when it can up and said no... don't remember.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Karl Ottenstein
Glad all's good now. That's all that matters. 🙂
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Having difficulty in understanding what is needed to correct the error of a file that is not accessible.
Screen Shot 2013-12-09 at 3.31.45 PM.png
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
"159404 DOCUMENT: Reviewer did notwork with newer Java applets."

Yay! Hopefully this means we get project reviewer back!

Cheers,
Link.
Karl Ottenstein
LewBishop wrote:
Having difficulty in understanding what is needed to correct the error of a file that is not accessible.
Unexplained permissions error it seems, Lew. First try Disk Utility and Repair Permissions, then try the hotfix again. If that doesn't do it, the easiest (brute force) method of fixing the permissions is go to Applications > Graphisoft and right-click the ArchiCAD 17 folder and select Duplicate. Then rename the original ArchiCAD 17 folder to ArchiCAD 17-old, rename the new folder to be just ArchiCAD 17 and repeat the hotfix installation. (Creating a duplicate should force all items to have your default permissions.) Delete the '-old' folder if successful.
Karl Ottenstein
Link wrote:
"159404 DOCUMENT: Reviewer did notwork with newer Java applets."

Yay! Hopefully this means we get project reviewer back!

Cheers,
Link.
Didn't launch for me. 😞
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Karl wrote:
Didn't launch for me. 😞
Got so close this time, but still no cigar! What gives? Same deal in Chrome, where it is supposed to work according to tech support.

Cheers,
Link.