Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ArchiCAD 17 Hotfix 4 (build 5005) Is Available

Katalin Takacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
We have released the Hotfix 4 (build 5005) for ArchiCAD 17 INT, AUS, USA, GER and SWE language versions. Further language versions will be released continuously.

The hotfix corrects numerous BIMx and Energy Evaluation problems, crashes and many other issues. You can find the detailed list of fixed bugs and the download links in the release notes:

ArchiCAD 17 Hotfix 4 (build 5005) Release Notes
Katalin Takacs
26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable
A quick question because I am too lazy to check out release notes etc.:

Do you have to install previous hotfixes before installing this one, or does this do all? Think I have only run hotfix 1 so far as I am not using 17 yet, but plan to in the new year.

Thanks
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
You only need to run the latest hotfix AFAIK Stuart.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Link. I thought that was usually the case, but there might have been one recently where they had to be done in sequence. Will give it a crack.

Cheers
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
s2art wrote:
Thanks Link. I thought that was usually the case, but there might have been one recently where they had to be done in sequence. Will give it a crack.

Cheers
Yes, our previous build 4008, that brought the new BIMx functions required the previous hotfix (build 4005). In general it is enough the install the latest one. The built in check for updates feature will guide you to the latest available package.

Marton
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT
Brad Elliott
Booster
I just upgraded to Mavericks over the holidays and ran into the same problem. There is no Java system preference until you download and install it. So before you start the update you need to go to the link Rick notes. It seems like this should be noted on the web page when you go to download the update.
Rick wrote:
Well, this is not starting off well. Tried twice and had to restart computer to get out of it. As far as I can tell I am up to date with Maverick and everything else???

I am installing the java now, but never had to before, so maybe everyone on a Mac will need to?

I would go ahead and check so you don't get Finder stuck and have to re-boot. This is a first since 1996 for me.

http://www.graphisoft.com/downloads/java.html
Mac OS12.6 AC26 USA Silicon
M1 Macbook Pro
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Brad,

I am running here an investigation to see what options we have to support better such scenarios, when the Java that we install is gone from the system due to an OS upgrade.

Thanks for the feedback.

Marton
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT
Brad Elliott
Booster
Marton,
Thanks for the response. FYI I upgraded from 10.6.8 Snow Leopard and hadn't had any Java problems but it looks like the upgrade deleted java completely. The install from the graphisoft page worked fine.
Mac OS12.6 AC26 USA Silicon
M1 Macbook Pro