BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ArchiCAD 17 Hotfix 4 (build 5005) Is Available

Katalin Takacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
We have released the Hotfix 4 (build 5005) for ArchiCAD 17 INT, AUS, USA, GER and SWE language versions. Further language versions will be released continuously.

The hotfix corrects numerous BIMx and Energy Evaluation problems, crashes and many other issues. You can find the detailed list of fixed bugs and the download links in the release notes:

ArchiCAD 17 Hotfix 4 (build 5005) Release Notes
Katalin Takacs
26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl:
Thanks for the hard info on reestablishing all the permissions. I have finally gotten all the steps to work and the hot fix is done. There was a problem at the disc level that got corrupted some how (likely a fat finger going where shouldn't) so the directions to duplicate worked.
Karl Ottenstein
Glad that worked, Lew. Good holidays to you!
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Link wrote:
Got so close this time, but still no cigar! What gives? Same deal in Chrome, where it is supposed to work according to tech support.
Link, we will check what we can to to make Reviewer work, but I have a bad feeling that the browser security improvements are always ahead us. Which is good in general, but not for our Reviewer. This browser based Java technology was a great way to create platform independent content, but the fact that it was a source of many security risks resulted strict steps agains this technology.
The majority of the browsers block local Java based content, also would require you to lower the security settings in the browser, which we cannot really recommend.

We are checking here the possibilities, what better alternatives we can provide.

Marton
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Hi Marton

Thanks for your reply, it's great to know you're actively listening.

You know, having looked at it in a little more detail, it does looks like the writing may be on the wall for the Project Reviewer. The second dialog link takes you to http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/deployment/jar/secman.html and it concurs that the security settings may be making this all too hard.

I suspect this may be an opportune time for BIMx to step up.

Looking forward to the future! Thanks again.

Cheers,
Link.
Project Reviewer2.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't know if this has always been this way but when I trace reference any of my sections onto my plan, they are not in the correct location. Some are close, but still off. I hit the "reset to default position" button but nothing happens.

Elevations are ok.

I see in the hotfix bug list there was a trace reference bug fixed, but it referred to details.

Have sections always not aligned with plan view in trace?
Steven wrote:
I don't know if this has always been this way but when I trace reference any of my sections onto my plan, they are not in the correct location. Some are close, but still off. I hit the "reset to default position" button but nothing happens.

Elevations are ok.

I see in the hotfix bug list there was a trace reference bug fixed, but it referred to details.

Have sections always not aligned with plan view in trace?
On PC the elevations are not aligned either ;-( (I do not know since when but the last but one hotfix was affected)

Best Regards,
Piotr
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Piotr wrote:
On PC the elevations are not aligned either ;-( (I do not know since when but the last but one hotfix was affected)
Piotr,

first of all thanks for your help for providing us with a test file. What is a known issue is that even though two sections/elevation are facing the same direction, are parallel and with the same length, their content won't align as trace by default.
For sections, elevation their content is positioned by their bounding box, which cannot handle well the special situation as above. Of course manually they can be position. To provide an automatic way to align these is on our feature request list.

Steven,

with tracing sections/elevation to plan the situation is different. Those should align well. A few questions to get closer:
- does this happen with any sections/elevations?
- are the affected ones rebuild from model or drawings?
- are multiple projects affected?

Marton
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT
Fra
Booster
When will the hotfix for version ITA be available?

Francesco
AC25 AC26 (Ita)

Mac Studio M1 Max 64 GB - OSX 12.4
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Fra wrote:
When will the hotfix for version ITA be available?

Francesco
Francesco and All,

at the moment the release of further language versions has been hold as we identified a crash that we would address for everyone.

The crash comes if you change an element's renovation status on section/elevation views. We haven't recalled the versions that are out there as a high number of other issues are fixed in that.

To avoid the crash make sure you change the renovation status on floor plan view or in 3D, so not in S/E.

In January we will start to release a new package for all language versions, expect the ITA version around February.

Apologies for this delay,
Marton
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT
Fra
Booster
Thank you for info

Francesco
AC25 AC26 (Ita)

Mac Studio M1 Max 64 GB - OSX 12.4
Learn and get certified!