BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ArchiCAD 17 Hotfix 5 (build 5014) Is Available

AndorSzoke
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
ArchiCAD 17 Hotfix 5 (Build 5014) for ArchiCAD and BIM Server has been released today for the INT, USA, AUS, NZE and SWE language versions. Other language versions will be enabled as they pass Quality Control. This hotfix solves the regression crashes introduced with Hotfix 4 (build 5005) previously published for a few localized versions and also contains the bug-fixes that Hotfix 4 contained such as fixes for numerous BIMx and Energy Evaluation problems, crashes and many other issues. You can find the detailed list of fixed bugs and the download links in the release notes:

ArchiCAD 17 Hotfix 5 (build 5014) Release Notes
AndorSzőke
Product Management
GRAPHISOFT SE
Follow us on Twitter
GRAPHISOFT HelpCenter - the ArchiCAD knowledge base
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
I noticed this hasn't addressed the renovation filter tool switching default status. I reported this quite some time ago and it's still happening.
stefanc
Participant
Updated last night - unfortunately for my set-up every time I quit it hangs eats up the CPU and needs to be force quit. Tried saving file then quit - tried saving blank/new file then quit, tried quit and choose don't save... every variation I could come up with.

Never happened before the update, ArchiCad has always been rock solid stable on my machine never have had a crash or hang...

OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.5 - MacBook Pro 2.5 i7 - 16GB RAM...

Should I send along the crash/hang report?
Karl Ottenstein
stefanc,

You might first try cleaning your AC Preferences - steps here:

http://www.archicadwiki.com/PreferencesCleaning

If you have created a custom Work Environment and have NOT yet exported it, do that FIRST though (you'll probably need to save/redefine each of the WE sections, define an overall WE using your named-WE sections, and export that... or export each section.) If you don't have an exported WE to re-import, then any changes you've made to your desktop layout, etc will be lost when you delete your preference files.

If the preference cleaning doesn't resolve things, and you want to continue trying to solve on your own, launch the Console app and see if there are any meaningful log entries being created during the hanging process.

But, yeah, otherwise you'll want to contact GS US tech support directly and they will tell you which crash reports/etc that they might need.
http://www.graphisoft.com/info/where_to_buy/north_america/#US
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Karl wrote:
stefanc,

You might first try cleaning your AC Preferences - steps here:

http://www.archicadwiki.com/PreferencesCleaning
Hey Karl

I still have a copy of the old Preference Cleaner exe for Windows. Do you know much about it? Presumably it automates what is mentioned in the wiki article, but I wonder if it is still valid for AC17?

Cheers,
Link.
Eduardo Rolon
2 strange items happened today when I updated the office Bimserver.
  • -1- The server got stuck starting up indicating that AC17 BS was in "Unknown" status. Rebooting the server fixed it though it was scary for a while.

-2- One of the local machines running an updated AC version when closing down indicated that the version was newer on the server and it failed to send the changes, had to close without saving. After opening the file again I was surprised that I didn't loose any data.
Go figure…
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

stefanc
Participant
Hi Karl, Thanks for the quick reply - I went ahead and deleted prefs - no change. Looked at the logs - figured out that reading through them would quickly make me need to get new reading glasses...

So after alot of fiddling I uninstalled 17 entirely -- reinstalled clean, updated to HotFix 4, Good at Quit -- installed my Cadimage stuff - so far so good -- updated from HF 4 to HF 5 - still good...

Scratching my head I remembered Maxwell - so I put in my Maxwell plugins (Maxwell 3) and immediately back to hanging at quit!!! Force quit, pull Maxwell plug ins out -- back to fine and dandy.

So Maxwell 3 and HF 5 don't play nice together?

Guess maybe I'll go hang for a bit in the Maxwell forums.
Karl Ottenstein
stefanc wrote:
I put in my Maxwell plugins (Maxwell 3) and immediately back to hanging at quit!!! Force quit, pull Maxwell plug ins out -- back to fine and dandy.

So Maxwell 3 and HF 5 don't play nice together?

Guess maybe I'll go hang for a bit in the Maxwell forums.
Glad you figured it out! Strange that the Maxwell plug-in worked prior to HF 5. Probably still worth reporting to GS US tech support so that they can send it up the line (unless a GS HQ person sees this thread) to help other users. Hope that you find a solution on the Maxwell forums.

Cheers,
Karl
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
Link wrote:
I still have a copy of the old Preference Cleaner exe for Windows. Do you know much about it? Presumably it automates what is mentioned in the wiki article, but I wonder if it is still valid for AC17?
No clue, sorry. Have been exclusively Mac for some years now... Particularly since that article doesn't mention Windows 8.1, which might have different paths than illustrated, deleting manually seems the safest bet.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Karl wrote:
No clue, sorry. Have been exclusively Mac for some years now... Particularly since that article doesn't mention Windows 8.1, which might have different paths than illustrated, deleting manually seems the safest bet.
Thanks Karl

I suspected the same. I might try getting the official word from GS.

Cheers,
Link.
Learn and get certified!