Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ArchiCAD 17 slow response to ESC key

Dennis Lee
Booster
Hi does anyone else experience this problem? ESC key is by far the most used for deselecting something, and I've noticed that sometimes AC won't deselect immediately as it did before. Sometimes I will have to wait a bit before the ESC key has any effect.
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have noticed this too. Can be annoying.
Mjules
Mentor
I experience the same issue both on Mac and PC.
Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
Asus | 64 GB RAM | Windows 11
Karl Ottenstein
Do you guys notice a slight delay when selecting in 3D? I see the same delay (1/4 second??) selecting and deselecting by hitting ESC - vs instant for both in 16.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Dennis Lee
Booster
Yes I do. It seems like V17 is much faster in certain times -in zooming, panning, and 3d fly throughs - while during certain periods it seems to be lagging slightly. I wonder if it may have to do with the "background processing" feature?
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
I also have noticed this issue on all my machines. it also seems to lag if you leave the drawing and jump back in it has that same 1/4 second delay
Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone resolved this? or do we just have to wait for graphisoft?
alemanda
Advocate
Karl wrote:
Do you guys notice a slight delay when selecting in 3D? I see the same delay (1/4 second??) selecting and deselecting by hitting ESC - vs instant for both in 16.
Is selection in 3D view instant in AC 16? I cannot say the same unfortunately!
On my workstation it is a frustrating issue since AC15. In 3D view, when I make a multiselection using SHIFT+click, the delay after 4 or 5 elements is even equal to 1'' ... very annoying ... I went thorugh Graphisoft but the problem seems to be still there and even worst ... Last time I made a instant selection in 3D view is with AC13 (when there were no trasparencies in the 3D view).
Graphisoft, please go back with that option (disabling the transparencies at all)!
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
Anonymous
Not applicable
Has this issue been addressed by AC? Karl describes the same issue that our office has. slow response time in 3d while selecting and deselecting.
Very frustrating!