BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ArchiCAD 18 Update 4020 - OS X Yosemite - Missing Fields

Eduardo Rolon
Most text on palettes is screwed up but I have missing/hidden text on all the setting windows.

For example all of the data fields have information but I only can see it if I click on them.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

18 REPLIES 18
Eduardo Rolon
Another Example
Screen Shot 2014-11-11 at 1.38.10 PM.png
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Eduardo,

That is interesting. As far as I know yours is an isolated experience. I use an OS X Yosemite computer as my primary workstation and I have not seen this problem firsthand, nor have I heard from the many users in North America that updated to Yosemite and are using AC18 Update 4020.

I recommend that you:

A. Store and export your Work Environment (if you have customized it or it is not exported from ArchiCAD already)
B. Quit ArchiCAD
C. Set permissions on the /Applications/GRAPHISOFT folder to Read & Write for all names and Apply to Enclosed Items.
D. Run the AC18 installer to Repair ArchiCAD and the subsequently run the ArchiCAD 18 Update 4020 once more.

I hope this helps.
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Eduardo Rolon
That didn't do it. There must be a preference that is interfering.
• It happens also on my Laptop
• Suggestions? AC18 Beta?
Even the Icon Text is screwed up.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
I'll have to check with HQ. I just had a case with an 18 beta user just recently and he was having some unique issues of his own on Yosemite. Your case may not be related but something about the text your last screenshot seems to ring a bell. Out of curiosity, were you running a Beta of Yosemite as well? If so did you upgrade to commercial release from the Yosemite Beta? Or did you install a fresh copy of the public release of Yosemite?

Best regards,
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Eduardo Rolon
Found it!
• I have a font called Aptifier installed that I bought from Linotype
• That font loads before Arial in Font Book
• Disabling that Font fixes the Font issue on both Icon and Object Settings
-----
Looks like at one point AC tried to substitute a Font and chose that one. If I enable it then AC it happens again. So there must be a preference that chooses that font as default somewhere.
Screen Shot 2014-11-13 at 9.35.23 AM.png
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Eduardo Rolon
From the Console AC reports the following errors when Aptifer is enabled
Screen Shot 2014-11-13 at 9.47.16 AM.png
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Eduardo Rolon
With Aptifer off I get the following errors which are from fonts that I had to disable because some stopped working in AC (Neuzit) and others that I had bought started to be included in OS X Mavericks.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Eduardo Rolon
Looks like it is template related. If I load one of the default templates then I only get one error.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Rick Thompson
Expert
Let me add my unfortunate experience to this topic since Nicholas is present.. it sort of similar, mysterious anyway.

I started using Yosemite a week or so ago with no issues. I am running the AC18/4020 update. The file that was open (actually 2 of them) "woke up" this morning missing all the windows. I have not installed anything thing new overnight, but maybe Apple did??? I use D3 Smartpart doors and windows and have contacted Neil (the developer) about it. I rebuilt permissions, and restarted. It's like AC stopped reading a macro of something. The doors (from the same lcf file are fine. I replaced that lcf Windows+Doors file and no change.

I am able to back save into AC17 and it works fine. So, at least I can continue to work, but this is going to be painful until it gets straightened out. After restarting I was about to think AC was not going to open it took so long.

Nicholas, if you see this would you recommend the same action... Repair and run the update again? I am running 18.0.0v1 USA (4020). It started as the beta version.

thanks
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Learn and get certified!