Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ArchiCAD 23 Announcement

Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
59 REPLIES 59
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
ARCHICAD 23 has been announced.

What’s new in ARCHICAD 23:
- Performance improvements
- Re-engineered Column and Beam tools (Beams have cover fills!!! )
- New Opening tool
- Renewed Solibri connection
- Enhanced dRofus connection
- Rhino-Grasshopper-ARCHICAD live connection improvements
and more

Read the full announcement and details here:

https://www.graphisoft.com/info/news/press_releases/archicad-23-bim-in-an-instant.html

The ARCHICAD 23 World Premiere will be streamed live on June 4, 2019. You can register for the live stream here:

https://www.graphisoft.com/archicad/

Edit: The ARCHICAD 23 premiere video can be watched at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=v9JIzUCK_OA
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Richard,

You beat me to it by a bit
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
rm
Expert
Not much here for smaller firms. The bulk of these "Major" upgrades are for larger architecture firms. Hopefully they have not announced everything added into AC 23 and these are just the major bullet points aimed at appeasing larger practices! It's clear that we should only expect small incremental improvements since GS has fully adopted a yearly release cycle. That said, based solely on the announced new features, buying the yearly maintenance contract seems like a pretty poor value at this point, especially for small to medium sized firms who cannot take advantage of volume pricing.
Robert Mariani
MARIANI design studio, PLLC
Architecture / Architectural Photography
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
rm wrote:
Not much here for smaller firms. The bulk of these "Major" upgrades are for larger architecture firms. Hopefully they have not announced everything added into AC 23 and these are just the major bullet points aimed at appeasing larger practices! It's clear that we should only expect small incremental improvements since GS has fully adopted a yearly release cycle. That said, based solely on the announced new features, buying the yearly maintenance contract seems like a pretty poor value at this point, especially for small to medium sized firms who cannot take advantage of volume pricing.
But "ARCHICAD 23 vastly improves perceived performance..." isn't that enough?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

rm
Expert
Steve wrote:
But "ARCHICAD 23 vastly improves perceived performance..." isn't that enough?
Exactly my point!
Robert Mariani
MARIANI design studio, PLLC
Architecture / Architectural Photography
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
Geof Gainer
Booster
There were a few videos up on youtube yesterday. Can't find them now--taken down? They were the 'Classics modeled in ArchiCad' format with Wright's Johnson Admin Building, Geisel Library in San Diego, and another---illustrating how the AC23 beam and column tools had taken on the advents of AC22's profile editor.
AC fan since v 7. Currently on AC 26 Build 5003 USA FULL Apple Silicon,. 2022 Mac Studio, 32G ram. OS X 12.6.2
Barry Kelly
Geof wrote:
There were a few videos up on youtube yesterday.
These ones?

https://www.graphisoft.com/archicad/

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Will AC23 have Radeon ProRender (which has been integrated in Cinema4D since R19)?
https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/radeon-prorender

Seen the weak support of 3rd party render engines, that would be a very welcome nice-to-have!
Barry Kelly
I don't know specifically if Cinerender in Archicad includes the Radeon ProRender, but I can say it uses the the R20 Cinerender engine.
I am not sure if all of the features of that engine are utilised in Archicad though.

I can also say that the surface catalogue has been renewed as the surface settings have a couple of new options (real reflections and parallax offset apparently).
The surfaces can look much better now from images I have seen.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11