Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ArchiCAD 23 Curtain Wall edit boundary

fuzzytnth3
Booster
You used to be able to use the Menu command
Design/ Modify Curtain Wall / Extract Boundary to fill 
to edit the perimeter boundary of a Curtain Wall in Elevation

However in AC23 I'm not seeing that Command in the menu system and I've tried switching back to the ArchiCAD default Work Environment. So how do I go about editing the boundary of the CW to follow the lines drawn in the attached screenshot?
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
4 REPLIES 4
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I do miss the 'extract boundary to fill' method as it was brilliant for quick mock ups with CW.

That said: open your elevation, select the CW and click 'edit'. You should see a sort of 'layer' menu. If you show 'scheme grid'and hide the other options, you are left with a box 'fill' that you can edit as any other polygon in ARCHICAD. Hope that helps!
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
fuzzytnth3
Booster
Excellent thank you. Means I can issue my drawings today
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
squall_tmo
Booster
The "Fill to CW" group of functions is still in ARCHICAD, but they are now hidden:
you just need to go to Options > Work Environment, then go to "Menus" and if you try to organize functions by theme you will find the folder "19 Curtain Wall":
All the old functions are right there, you can place them in your own work environment!
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Ah, that is good to know. Thanks!
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5