Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ArchiCAD 9 hotfix-2 is available for download

Akos Pfemeter
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Dear Archi-Talkers,

It is time to go to the Help menu of ArchiCAD 9 and click on the command 'Check for updates...' again since we uploaded the second hotfix patch. This patch can be applied to all previous versions of ArchiCAD 9. For more info please click on the URL below...

http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/

Akos Pfemeter

VP Global Cross-Brand Sales, Graphisoft

14 REPLIES 14
Eduardo Rolon
GS site looks like it is down.
Can't access it using either Safari or Firefox.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Akos Pfemeter
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
The site is running (checked in IE). It must be some browser specific problem. We will further investigate. Try IE for the time being...

Akos Pfemeter

Eduardo Rolon
Camino also doesn't work.

Safari's error message:

Safari can’t open the page “http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/” because it could not load any data from this location.

Explorer for Mac does not load it also.
error message

The attempt to load failed
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Akos Pfemeter
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
I suppose there is some problem with the direct link from AC-Talk on the Mac. Please try and go to the main page of Graphisoft and navigate manually to the support page of ArchiCAD. You will find the news about the patch there...

Akos Pfemeter

Brad Elliott
Booster
It's working fine from Safari on my Mac. Can't imagine what the problem could be.
Mac OS12.6 AC26 USA Silicon
M1 Macbook Pro
Anonymous
Not applicable
After running the Archicad hot-fix2 update (build 2018) my Plotmaker no longer starts up, giving me the message:

APPLICATION LAUNCH FAILURE
The application "PlotMaker" could not be launched because of a shared
library error: "`<PlotMaker><PlotMaker><VBAttributesLib>
<DisposeLayerSet__Q26VBAttr8LayerSetFPQ26VBAttr8LayerSet>"

I've tried shutting down the computer many times, repairing permissions, running optimization & maintenance scripts all to no avail.

I guess my next step is to uninstall & reinstall Archicad though Archicad itself works just fine. I exported my work environment from Archicad in case something bad happened with the update though i failed to export my work environment from Plotmaker.

Rob F
"Sucks" is the word of the day.
Anonymous
Not applicable
R wrote:
After running the Archicad hot-fix2 update (build 2018) my Plotmaker no longer starts up, giving me the message:

APPLICATION LAUNCH FAILURE
The application "PlotMaker" could not be launched because of a shared
library error: "`<PlotMaker><PlotMaker><VBAttributesLib>
<DisposeLayerSet__Q26VBAttr8LayerSetFPQ26VBAttr8LayerSet>"

I've tried shutting down the computer many times, repairing permissions, running optimization & maintenance scripts all to no avail.

I guess my next step is to uninstall & reinstall Archicad though Archicad itself works just fine. I exported my work environment from Archicad in case something bad happened with the update though i failed to export my work environment from Plotmaker.

Rob F
"Sucks" is the word of the day.
I think I figured it out. My Plotmaker in the applications folder was renamed Plotmaker 9 which the updater probably didn't update and that caused the problem. Next to the "Plotmaker 9" application was "Plotmaker" which launched just fine and appears to have my preferences & work environment. The next thing i guess is to get my Plotmaker files to use the "Plotmaker" that works by default instead of pointing to the non-functioning "Plotmaker 9".
Eduardo Rolon
It's working fine from Safari on my Mac. Can't imagine what the problem could be
I am still unable to access GS. The strange thing is that it is the only site that is giving me problems.

Brad are you running 10.3.9?
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Karl Ottenstein
My XP Pro and Mac machines accepted the update to 2018 without a hitch.

Updating a friend's XP Home machine produced something weird. When PlotMaker starts up Background ArchiCAD to update drawings, the BG ArchiCAD is not invisible ... is pops up on the screen with visible windows!

Anybody else see this or know how to make BG AC invisible again?

Thanks,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB