BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ArchiCAD Competency Challenge

Akos Pfemeter
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Dear Archi-Talkers,

Have you ever been in a situation where you were questioned about your level of skill using ArchiCAD, and you have only your own words to rate your abilities? With Graphisoft's recently launched on-line testing resource, now you can measure your ArchiCAD knowledge against an authorized global standard. Please click on the below URL for details of our User Certification Program...

http://www.graphisoft.com/community/certification/

Akos Pfemeter

VP Global Cross-Brand Sales, Graphisoft

82 REPLIES 82
Anonymous
Not applicable
Looks like I need to study. By the way the challange does not work on Mac. You can only answer one question and are timed out each time. Safari and Mac Explorer. Had to work on our PC.
TomWaltz
Participant
Works fine on Firefox for Mac.

I'm guessing a low score is good?
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
I know I'm no expert, but that was a shocker. I actually did better the first time, but thought I could improve......nah, wrong. Some of the questions were a bit hard to understand (more "nots" than a boy scouts jamboree). Oh well, back to the drawing board.... Please, if I offer advice within this forum, just ignore me.
Barry Kelly
Akos wrote:
Dear Archi-Talkers,

Have you ever been in a situation where you were questioned about your level of skill using ArchiCAD, and you have only your own words to rate your abilities? With Graphisoft's recently launched on-line testing resource, now you can measure your ArchiCAD knowledge against an authorized global standard. Please click on the below URL for details of our User Certification Program...

http://www.graphisoft.com/community/certification/
I would love to try it but can't get past the first question.
Hit NEXT and it completes the survey with a result of 0%.
I'm sure I know a bit more than that

Using Windows XP and Internet Explorer 6.0

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:

I'm sure I know a bit more than that

Using Windows XP and Internet Explorer 6.0

Barry.
Funny, that's what was happening to me with Mac and Safari. Couldn't get it to work until I switched to Windows XP. By the way it works now on my Powerbook, and safari.
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Yep, I've got the very same problem on Win2000 and IE...
::rk
Aussie John
Newcomer
I got through the survey (on a mac) and posted 2%. something a bit odd going on.
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
__archiben
Booster
i think that before this was announced the competency of the test itself should have been considered. not only is the test designed more to trick you rather than test your competency but:

- there are several errors (DWG/DWF mix ups for example)

- there are pictures missing(?) when it asks "what results from the following settings . . ." (nothing to 'follow'!)

- i was asked the same question three times in one test (although i got it wrong the first two times because initially it resembled a question in my first test and then i thought it couldn't be so stupid as to repeat questions )

- i was timed out several times even though i'd answered questions and clicked 'next'

- lots of browser hangs. i needed to keep clicking stop, reload and repost data to get it to continue.

- the method by which the score is worked out needs some considerable improvement, i scored 2% the first go (safari) and 0% the second (firefox). and although i don't claim to be an archiGenius i know that i did better than that.

i certainly wouldn't judge anybody's archiCompetence on a test that doesn't get above 2% itself.

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Akos Pfemeter
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Naturally high score is good...
It seem so that there is some technical problem on which we are now working. I will post a notice when the bug is fixed and the results so far are displayed correctly. Sorry for the initial glitch and thanks for your patience...

Akos Pfemeter

VP Global Cross-Brand Sales, Graphisoft

Learn and get certified!