Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

ArchiCAD Layer turned off!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can any body tell me how I managed to turn off the ArchiCAD Layer in the Layout Book?

It is not greyed out, the eye is simply shut like any other layer; - and I'm not abel to turn it on again?!

Any Suggestions?
Charlotte Metz
9 REPLIES 9
David Pacifico
Booster
Try Shutting down and restarting.

If that doesn't help. Try Merging it into a new file.
David Pacifico, RA

AC27 iMac i9, 32 gig Ram, 8 gig video Ram
Anonymous
Not applicable
What Archicad Version?
Wait wait wait, Archicad Layer? This layer is always on. You can't turn it off, lock it, or anything else.
TomWaltz
Participant
Miki wrote:
What Archicad Version?
Wait wait wait, Archicad Layer? This layer is always on. You can't turn it off, lock it, or anything else.
That was my thought too. That sounds like it deserves a medal!
Tom Waltz
David Pacifico
Booster
Archicad Layer? This layer is always on. You can't turn it off
I've seen it.

You may want to update your ArchiCAD from the help menu also.
David Pacifico, RA

Dwight
Newcomer
David wrote:
Archicad Layer? This layer is always on. You can't turn it off
I've seen it.

You may want to update your ArchiCAD from the help menu also.
While it might seem crazy that the only layer that can't be turned off CAN BE, there's an alternative explanation for MISTAKENLY THINKING that the Archicad layer got turned off.

Last week, I merged or copied between two open Archicad or something a bunch of things in a project. The things came in AND MADE A NEW LAYER CALLED "ARCHICAD LAYER." (In addition to the real Archicad Layer)

This layer could be turned off.

So when you look at a tool and it says that it is in the Archicad Layer and that layer has the grey eyeball, you freak out.

Yikeshebaba!
Dwight Atkinson
Djordje
Ace
Probably created when merging/opening an AutoCAD file. Layer 0 gets converted to Archicad layer.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you all!

I all ready merged my project into a new file - I was just a little curios if any body at all experienced this...?

Some one suggested to update from the help menu, but it is up-to-date!
- and the ArchiCAD Layer turned off, is the only ArchiCAD layer - and it is not possible to turn it on...!

Hm..... I guess it's just one of those things!

I am open to any other suggestions - if any?

Thanks
Charlotte
David Pacifico
Booster
Charlotte wrote:

I was just a little curios if any body at all experienced this...?

Some one suggested to update from the help menu, but it is up-to-date!

Hm..... I guess it's just one of those things!
It is not suppose to happen. So I think the file is corrupt.

I would start a new file and copy and paste as much of the old file into the new.
David Pacifico, RA

Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you try the trick of copying and pasting something on ArchiCAD layer of another file? AC should ask what to do with the turned off layer. What does it do if you select 'turn on and unlock all layers'?
Zoltán