BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ArchiCAD Stair 21, some frustrations.

Anonymous
Not applicable
1. Why is it so hard to select stair description in symbol mode? The text handles are not visible, also the SHIFT key doesn't highlight the text and I'm constantly shooting at the blank until I finally manage to click on a selection point.
2. Also the Symbol mode hides everything around that's not related to the stair like texts, lines, dimensions etc. I need to see everything when I'm messing with stair symbols so that they don't overlap with other information. Is there another way to do it?
3. Why riser always has to have a gap? It can't be set to 0, but why?
1 REPLY 1
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Haiku wrote:
1. Why is it so hard to select stair description in symbol mode? The text handles are not visible, also the SHIFT key doesn't highlight the text and I'm constantly shooting at the blank until I finally manage to click on a selection point.
The Stair Description Text can be selected by 2 hotspots. There is a hotspot in its middle which you can drag, and another hotspots on the middle of its right side, by which you can rotate it. It cannot be selected by the Magnet, because that selects the Stair.
2. Also the Symbol mode hides everything around that's not related to the stair like texts, lines, dimensions etc. I need to see everything when I'm messing with stair symbols so that they don't overlap with other information. Is there another way to do it?
Did you try to click the Environment toggle in the Edit Toolbox in Edit Mode. That toggles the display of all other elements in Stair Edit Mode.
3. Why riser always has to have a gap? It can't be set to 0, but why?
I can set Riser Gap to zero with no problem. I was not aware of any such limitation. What are you exact settings and which Riser object are you using?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!