BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ArchiCAD Stair Tool

genarch
Enthusiast
I've been an ArchiCAD user for over 20 years, I feel I am proficient with the software and definitely know my way around. However, I have to say, who the hell let the stair tool out the door the way it is? I am not sure there is any commonly used tool in ArchiCAD that is LESS intuitive than the stair tool. I have spent far too much time trying different settings in the stair tool to get a stair to look like how I want it to look. The worst part is it is so unintuitive that I am basically changing a setting, then going to see what the effect was, then making another change and looking at that effect because just looking through the tool interface I have no idea what many of the functions propose to do. It's ridiculous.
It is far easier to do my old work-around of creating a custom beam profile of a riser and tread, then just copying that to make the stair!
Mac OSX 13.6.5

AC27&26, Artlantis 2020, TwinMotion

iMac Pro 2017 / 8-core 3.2 GHz / 32GB RAM
1 REPLY 1
Ode1
Booster

I am having trouble with the stair tool as well and often resort to slabs because it's a waste of time. However, I think the real question is why doesn't Graphisoft create useful, step by step tutorials for the new gadgets they create? 

Odette Salem
www.virtualhouse.com.au
AC22 AUS . Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7800X CPU @ 3.50GHz . 32.0 GB ram . 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Learn and get certified!