BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ArchiCAD Versions?

Shivang Rajvir
Participant
Hello All.

Can you please help regarding an irritating issue?
I just want to know what is the difference between ArchiCAD INT and ArchiCAD NZE options?

Thanks in advance
ARCHICAD Lover

http://www.dimensionplus.in

Core i7 3.4 GHz, AC 9 to 22

MacBook Air Core i3 1.6 GHz - 8 Gb RAM
8 REPLIES 8
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
INT is the International Version and NZE is the New Zealand version. If GS followed the ISO country codes, of course NZE would be NZL, but they don't which is why we also have:

CHI instead of CHN,
GER instead of DEU,
GRE instead of GRC,
NED instead of NLD,
POR instead of PRT,
SPA instead of ESP,
and
TAI instead of TWN.

Anway, the only difference I am aware of are the attributes: layers, pensets, materials, linetypes, etc. I did have a spreadsheet comparing them all somewhere, but I think they're on my back up drive.

Cheers,
Link.
TomWaltz
Participant
Link wrote:
Anway, the only difference I am aware of are the attributes: layers, pensets, materials, linetypes, etc. I did have a spreadsheet comparing them all somewhere, but I think they're on my back up drive.
so the only difference is the default template it comes with, there's no real difference in the program, correct?
Tom Waltz
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Well, the story settings are the same between the two, as is the language. Possibly the Library contains different parts, I didn't analyze that, but not by much. Oh and maybe the NZ version has some extra offerings in the Help menu.

I'm sure the kiwi boys will shoot through a screenshot in the morning, with any other differences.

Cheers,
Link.
Shivang Rajvir
Participant
Thanks Link and Tom.
Now we have to wait for the Kiwi boys.
ARCHICAD Lover

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah, yeah, gidday. Kiwi bloke here. Howzit garn?

I have no idea what the differences are, but I do know we get a few of the Cadimage accessories with our AC licence, and we have a ground floor and the 'mericans go straight to first floor, I think. But Graphisoft still spell "Storey" without the "e" in our version, which bugs me.
help storey.jpg
Shivang Rajvir
Participant
Thanks buddy.
But i am thinking are these Cadimage tools so usefull, one of my friend from Australia uses these tool but she is not very clear for its vaibility.
ARCHICAD Lover

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cadimage's tools are generally better than the standard objects offered with Archicad. As for their relevance to everybody - that's personal preference.

I use Door and Window Builder exclusively (no standard AC doors or windows for me) - to me this one is essential
Roof and Wall Builder accessories, often
Cabinet Builder, occassionally - good results for rendering
Foundation Builder, occassionally
Stair Builder, occassionally
Precast slab Builder - never had the need (yet)
Site and Massing Tools - when necessary for site massing and shadow plane studies
Keynotes - apparently we have it but I have never delved into it (have been told its good though)
Rapid Details - often (its just been changed to a tool rather than an object, not convinced this move was necessary yet)

I've been using some of these so long they just blur into standard Archicad workflow now, so maybe there is more overlap with standard tools than I realise.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Link wrote:

Cheers,
Link.
I think there can be certain Add-Ons that exist in certain localized versions but do not exist in others.
I know of one example: in Germany, you have to create Zone Lists by visually drawing all Zones and triangulating them, plus dimensioning and listing these triangles so the authorities can check their accuracy if they want.
There is an Add-On for this specific thing in the German version.

Somebody correct me if I am wrong.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!