BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ArchiCAD extensions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

I'm studying to be a construction engineer, and i've used ArchiCAD on a self-educated level for a couple of years. (I have recieved a quick course in it)

My problem is that i havent been able to figure out what the different archiCAD extensions do - or in which situations they would become handy. I've done a quick google search on the topic, but was only able to find lists of the different extensions..

I know that the DWG extension is an extension that makes it possible to import/export to alot of other CAD programs like AutoCAD and such.

I mostly use ArchiCAD solo project (pln). But sometimes when i save my ongoing project, it saves it in ArchiCAD solo project archive. When i try and open the archive, i get around the same project that i would have if i had saved it as an archicad solo project file. (except the "Read libaries directly from archive" pop-up upon loading..)

My question: What's the difference, and why would i ever use one instead of the other.

The rest of the extensions i dont really care about, since i either know what they are, or that i'm convinced i'll never use them anyway..

Oh, and one last question (ill make it quick):
If i open someone else's file, can i use a template file to load things like master layouts and pallettes into that project?

Thanks in advance

Rasmus, Engineering college of Aarhus, Denmark
0 REPLIES 0
Learn and get certified!