BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ArchiCAD training in NY or CT

archigreen
Enthusiast
We would like to know the available option we have in NY or CT for training people.
ArchiCAD 26
MacOS Monterey
MacBook Pro Apple M1 Max
64 GB
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
While I have not heard of any specific training in the tri-state area

Eric Bobrow does offer some online training for AC

or you can watch many of the youtube videos

I believe there is a user group up near your area too

Regards,

John A
JaredBanks
Mentor
All the good trainers will work remotely (or travel to you). I find doing training via Skype, Google Hangout, etc. works as well or better than sitting in the same room. Shoot me an e-mail (jared@shoegnome.com) and I can give you some names of people to talk to. Jared
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
Anonymous
Not applicable
I always had the most success when I started out working alongside my client's people on actual projects (combined with training and standards development). After that it was much easier and more effective to carry on remotely.

This is not to say that the all remote approach won't work. It can if you have the right people and organization to really push it on your own and make the most of the outside support.

You could check with other offices in your area that use ArchiCAD. They may know of local resources. Also check with your local dealer. They may have services available or be able to recommend a local consultant. Greg Conyngham at ICS in Boston might also be help.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I am open to remote (Skype, go-to-meeting) work sessions. I am a new user, though I dabbled with AC 14 a while back: I never quite caught on but I am now motivated to give ArchiCAD a second try.

My immediate urgency is to create object libraries (via XREFs or dynamically linked) files of prefab components: walls, floors, piles, roofs, window and doors. I would like it to be 5D (cost and time). Most object will then be used for standard prefab-assembly, but I need some custom non-90° and rounded wall and slab components as well. I am interested in working with some new materials as well: rounded skylights and structural isolated panels (SIPs)

I am an avid sketchup user. Just need help to get started to adopt my practices to ArhiCAD and BIM--- just downloaded three month trial of ArchiCAD 16,... Is 18 also available for trial? I did not see it.

Need some tutoring, set up a training plan...

Best,
Rune
JaredBanks
Mentor
You should definitely be able to get a trial of ArchiCAD 18. Check myarchicad.com
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
Learn and get certified!